Search This Blog

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Pregnancy update: week 28



H e l l o o o o 3rd trimester. I can’t believe that I’m saying that. It’s starting to feel so real (and nerve wracking) that we will soon be welcoming another baby into our family. Our pregnancy is seriously flying by but I’m soaking it up big time. We originally swore that this was our last baby buuuuuut you know how that goes ha. I wouldn’t be shocked if we get pregnant again soon after Granger is born. As of right now we aren’t planning to do any strict birth control methods on either end. We oddly don’t feel that pressure/desire anymore to not have another baby. For whatever reason we just both mutually feel relaxed about things either way. With that being said, our plans or intentions don’t matter. When it comes to pregnancy you never know if it’ll be your last. It’s one of those things that’s completely out of our control so with every pregnancy I am always mindful of that fact so I cherish each pregnancy as if it is my last. 

As we have approached the last trimester I’ve been knocking out a ton of things, with the help of my mom. She has gotten Granger so much stuff. We are super blessed to have parents that are just as excited about Baby #5 as they were for Baby #1. Halloween costumes for all 6 of us, the car seat, the swing, play pen, all of the typical baby necessities, maternity pictures/Christmas outfits, packed diaper bag, ect are officially covered. Literally all I have left to do to prepare for him is to finish his nursery bedding and to pack our back up hospital bags. I’ve also gotten about a third of the Christmas gift shopping done and come this weekend I’ll most likely have the house ready for Christmas too. I feel rushed to tackle that task because pregnancy hit me even harder recently. Everything that I do takes a toll on me and hurts. 

Current symptoms:

Today we had a midwife appointment in Tulsa, the first of bi weekly appointments. Unreal that we’ve hit that stage but Eilee and I enjoy those days out. Target, Starbucks, the mall, restaurants, hobby lobby, visiting my best friend, and all of the other things that t town has to offer. 















I’ve gained 21 lbs (😳) and my fundal height measures 3 weeks ahead. Blood pressure and heart tones were perfect. I’m starting to swell all over though which makes me grateful that I scheduled our maternity pictures sooner than I typically do. I still crave ice non stop. I have developed carpal tunnel in my hands and have major hip/back pain. I also just started experiencing pelvic pressure in a big way. Sometimes the baby is so low that i feel like i need to walk with my legs shut. Nesting has slacked off but that’s probably because I’ve gotten so much done already. Plus I just hurt all over. Other than those things, not much has changed. We are loving the experience of baby kicks and flips. The kids are old enough now to really embrace my pregnancy and that alone has been my favorite thing. We are all so excited. 


Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram