Search This Blog

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Most productive week ever

Holy get crap done week. Seriously! We got so much done recently around our house. I am 100% done buying things for the baby and aside from a new mattress and installing his dresser knobs, his nursery is complete. I am proud to say that I made all of his wall decor, free hand painted his mural, refinished his dresser (it was dark cherry), made his bedding (not pictured until we get the therapeutic mattress in), and made his mobile. Also the deer head on the wall was my first ever harvest. His room was a huge labor of love from me. I’ll do a separate nursery tour post with all of the details of where I got things/how I made them once the mattress is here. 














We put up the indoor Christmas decor. 

We finished the barn stalls for our show cattle and farm dogs. We also started on the new chicken pen. Unfortunately my doodles are chicken slayers so having free range birds has repeatedly proven to be fatal and the pen that we’ve been using is too small for what I’m wanting long term so we are doing a huge walk in pen with a coop in it for the chickens, turkeys, ducks, rabbits, and goats to live in together that the dogs can not get into. 




It makes us so excited and happy to work on/grow our farm. We particularly take pride in it because we built it from the ground up. It didn’t have electric or water here. It was timber for the most part with a little pasture. We’ve created it all. That’s a humbling and fulfilling thing. We talk about it a lot. We both simply just love our homestead soooo much. 

Tomorrow I’m going on my monthly Sam’s club run in Springdale with my mom and grandma and while we are out I’m going to purchase new living room furniture. You know that you’re an adult when furniture shopping makes you happy ha. I feel the stress of baby’s due date nearing lift off of me more each day. Especially with us getting so much done. My check list is literally down to finishing my Christmas shopping and Brian finishing the chicken coop.  

That. Is. It. 

And it’s barely mid October. If I wasn’t pregnant, I’d be celebrating with a glass of wine right now. 

I hope that you all had a productive week and enjoyable weekend. If you’ve been putting off loads of ‘to do’s’ I feel you. Trust me. But you’ll feel a million times better if you just suck it up and get it done. 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram