Search This Blog

Friday, November 23, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving — It’s Black Friday

I hope that the holiday found you each in a place of blessings and thankfulness. As expected, it was a hard one for us. I couldn’t help but to think back to last year and how i wish that i had known that it’d be our last with papa. It’s an ever important reminder that we never know when something will be our last. We have to absorb and cherish ever single moment. The way that they laugh. Their quirks. Their smell. Their voice. The memories. All of it. 
After a successful hunting adventure for Brian We spent the rest of day with my dad’s family, my husband’s family, and my mom’s family. I had planned on Black Friday shopping in town (I wanted the pioneer women set for myself 🤷🏻‍♀️) but ultimately went home, cuddled our 17 dogs, and watched Christopher Robin with my loves. I did however, shop online this morning and I’m shocked to say that I’m officially more than half way done Christmas shopping. I’m specifically excited about my mom’s gift and my husband’s gifts. My hubby reads my blog (hey, hey good lookin) so i won’t give any spoilers but i will say that they are sentimental and extravagant. Every year we all buy too many gifts and every year we say ‘never again’. This year, we mean it. My parents are sticking to the want — Need — wear — Read theme. We are honestly gifting to others more than we are gifting to our own family. I’m a sucker for Christmas time. The decor. The movies. The vibes. The smells. The spirit. The meaning. All of it. But gifts have always taken over and I feel personally convicted every year when i look at the endless new toys. We always purge the old toys and give them to foster families or local families in need but it still is outrageous. It deeply bothers me. I’m so glad that this year my parents and grandma agreed to slow their rolls. 
Whatever you did yesterday and today, i hope that you enjoyed it and didn’t stress out. Most of all i hope that you didn’t end up in a fist fight over those PW pots and pans because it could have easily been me right there with ya ha. 













Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram