Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

What we feed our dogs








Yesterday morning one of my puppy owners asked me what kind of food that i feed my dogs which made me think about my post about it this summer.  I get into more detail on that post. 

Click here to see it!

We make all of our own pet foods but for the puppies I am easing them onto Blue Buffalo Puppy food. I debated what to do about this because most pet owners do not make their own food. In fact, I don’t know any who do. I knew that my buyers would be feeding premade dog food. I knew that the puppies would need to be used to that for a smoother and easier transition into their new families. I didn’t want to stress out their bodies/digestive systems by feeding homemade holistic food then the new owners tossing them onto kibble. But i also didn’t want to compromise quality in what i was feeding. After a lot of research and a vet recommendation i decided to go with BB. Since my last post I have changed my recipe a bit. Lamb is hard to find locally so i use deer meat now if I’m unable to buy lamb. 

Making your own dog food is a wonderful way to control exactly what you’re putting into your fur babies bodies. If you have a lot of medium sized pets like us it is expensive but it is so worth it. 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram