Search This Blog

Friday, January 27, 2017

Diaper/Birth Bag Must Haves & Labor Plan

 I had a lot of fun packing my baby's diaper/hospital bags. So much fun in fact that I've always had it completely finished by 30 weeks pregnant ha. However, preparing for a birth gender reveal is something that I've never done and it's incredibly exciting. It will be very hard not to pack as if I am having 2 babies. One of each sex. I have already had to down size my 'take' pile a few times. I didn't do the best at sticking to neutral clothes. We all know I'm not a gender neutral fan 99% of the time. It all looks so cheesy and cheap to me. I purchased a lot of gender specific stuff. 


Here is what I ended up packing so far and what I have left to pack: 
-Neutral sleepers
I packed 4 beige, white, and/or grey sleepers.
-Neutral coming home outfit
This is an outfit I had made off of etsy. It's white, black, and mint with matching bibs that have each name on them. It also has a hat and a top knot bow with it.
-White sleeper and personalized hospital hats
-Rainbow outfit
This is another outfit I had made that has matching personalized bibs, a top knot bow, and a hat. It's the outfit the baby will wear when he or she meets the kids. I bought them matching big sisters and big brother rainbow shirts. I can't wait for this moment. It will be priceless and so will the pictures. 
-Gender specific GIRL and BOY outfits
I sent my mom a ton of my favorite personalized outfits. She will order a few of the right ones for the baby's sex and bring it to the birth. 
-Fawn & Sage gender specific swaddler cacoons
I'll be using these in the picture that I post to announce the baby's birth/gender
-Neutral blankets & swaddler
I have a grey and mint fluffy blanket, a handmade crochet rainbow blanket, and a few white muslin swaddlers.
-Hats & Bows
With every single outfit I'm packing there are matching hats and bows to go with them all. 
-Wipes, diapers, lotion, white mittens, white bibs, white socks, burp rags, ect
-Boppy pillow


Brian & I's Bag Must Haves:
-Yoga pants for me 
-T shirts for us both
-Jeans for Brian
-Comfy pants for Brian
-T shirt dress
-Black swim suit top and skirt for water birth (no bottoms for obvious reasons ha) 
-Nursing bras
-Maternity Robe (Mine is from Pink Blush)
-Birth plan (Multiple copies in case of transfer) 
-Insurance cards, co-pays, drivers licenses, ect 
-Socks, undies, lotions, medicine bag, toiletries, make up, glasses, hair brush, chap stick, phone & computer chargers, ect
-Camera, tripod, & batteries
-Gum, snacks, quarters, magazines, books, iPod, headphones, ect 
-Candles & lighter for water birth
-Fresh flowers and powder for milk bath after birth 
-Lace gowns with matching under wear for milk bath
-Breast pump and storage bags
-The kids big sibling outfits 


Pre-Labor Tips:
-Always have a large amount of gas in your vehicle's gas tank
-Install the infant carseat and have it checked at the local police station or fire deptarment 
-Keep birth bags in your car trunk/back or handy by your door in your house
-Have a pre-addressed plan and call list for your children when you go into labor


Our Labor/Birth Plan for the Kids:
As always my mom will come to the birth center or hospital right away. I like having her there while I am in labor. I will call her first and give her the heads up that it's show time. My dad and my niece are going to keep the girls until it's time for them to come to the birth. I want my dad and kids close when the baby is born so they can meet him or her right away. I've always done it this way and it's important to me. 
The next call we make will be to my in laws. They are keeping Hudson until it's closer to actual delivery. My mother in law will attend the actual birth. I don't want them to be there during the whole labor though so we will wait to have them come when my dad comes that way they are all there at the same time but Brenda can still come in for the birth. 
I'll bring the kids big sibling rainbow shirts with me to the birth so that I can get the them all dressed up and cute for meeting their new sibling. It's simpler that way ha.
*Obviously if there's an emergency or baby comes way too fast some of this changes a bit but the end plan is still the same. My in laws keep Hudson, dad keeps the girls, mom comes as soon as I head to have the baby, and the rest all come asap if baby is born too fast. 
 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram