Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Maternity & Newborn Photography Session Must Haves

Photography is something that I have a huge love for. We do family photo sessions every season just about and aside from that I take pictures of the kids daily. I am a big believer in the importance of capturing memories in videos and pictures. I don't have many pictures with my papa and that bothers me a lot so I think that's where my passion for pictures started.
With this probably being our last baby I don't want to have any regrets. I don't want to skip things that I wanted to do even if that means it gets expensive ha. I have many regrets with my other children as far as pregnancy pictures goes. I wish that I had done professional maternity pictures with Charlee and Hudson because I love my maternity pictures with Andlee. 

I LOVE my kids newborn pictures so I can't wait to add the new baby's pictures to the album.

Okay enough of that, onto the purpose of this post! 
For maternity pictures we are doing an outdoor session. One setting will be in a large open flower field, one will be in the creek, and the milk bath one will be in a claw foot tub in the field.
This is my must haves for our maternity photos:
-Flower crowns for the girls and I
-Blush and beige tulle dresses for the girls and I 
I already have these. They were very expensive dresses from Dollcakez and Leah Keller gowns but they are stunning and will be used for family pictures after the baby is born too. 
-A black lace gown and a white lace gown
They are the same exact gowns you see below in the milk bath side by side of the same girl in different colored gowns.
I purchased them from Wish.com and they were super cheap.
-Suspenders for the boys with brown shirts and beige pants
-A large variety of flowers for the milk bath
One setting will be in a white gown with girly colored flowers around me and one will be in a black gown with boyish colored flowers.

This is a few general examples of what we are doing:


Our dresses:


For our family of 6/newborn pictures one setting will be outside in an open field, one will be another milk bath setting exactly like the maternity pictures but girly for a girl and boyish for a boy (I'm going to do nursing pictures in the milk bath as well as basic newborn pictures), and the rest will be inside a studio. 

Newborn session must haves:
*I have included must haves for both sexes. My mom will purchase the proper items (that we don't already have)depending on the baby's gender.
Girl:
-My wedding dress
-A newborn flower grown
-A blush colored swaddle cloth
-A rainbow bow
-A shabby chic floral bow
-A Harry Potter bow
-A light pink wooden chair
-Flowers 


Boy:
-A beige swaddle cloth
-A crochet deer outfit
-A wooden crate
-Toy tractors
-A lot of deer antlers
-Hunting gear
-A big tree stump

Both sexes:
-A white swaddle cloth
-A maroon swaddle cloth
-A Harry Potter scarf
-All of the Harry Potter books
-A white 'cloud'
-A painted rainbow back drop
-A fluffy neutral blanket 
-Towels
-Little umbrella 



I am so excited about these photos. It seems like a lot and it may take 2 newborn sessions but I'm happy to swallow those expenses. Photography is such special thing to me. I am super picky about it but I love it.


 

 

 

 

 

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram