Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2016

The Humiliation Of Life With Toddlers


It never fails that when I take my kids to the grocery store they embarass me. From being heathens and grabbing shit off of the shelves to asking why little people are so little. Their honesty and curiosity isn't always a good thing ha. Today I took my 3 young children to Walmart to get a few things. I can count on one hand how many times I've taken them all to the grocery store. I used to say it was because of the germs but who am I kidding, now it's because it's like committing motherhood suicide to do it. 
Let me briefly elaborate on why I say that! This is how our trip went today:
They cried because they didn't want to ride in the cart so I let them walk then they cried because their legs were tired so I put them into the cart. 
They fist fought and had a screaming match over who got to sit on the front. 
I warned them like 10 times to stop but failed majorly so I hauled 3 bratty kids across the entire store to the bathroom so that I could spank them because I've gotten treated like the spawn of Satan for spanking my kids in public before. 
We get that matter all straightened out and a guy walks by with baggy pants on and earrings in.
Andlee yells, "Mom why do some guys wear earrings?!".
Me as I'm dying of humiliation and receiving an evil look from earring dude, "Because some guys like earrings!".
Andlee, "BECAUSE SOME GUYS WANNA BE GIRLS??????".
I couldn't get out of that god forsaken situation fast enough and of course my husband calls me needing 52 more things when I'm almost to the check out line. For real?! 
I quit. 
It's a serious miracle that they didn't get me killed or thrown in jail.

I know I can't be the only mom out there who is repeatedly humiliated by their children. I can't help but to laugh about it when I think about all of the crazy stories that I have of my kids. Find joy in the chaos. Even if it's hard. One day they'll be teenagers and too cool for you so cherish every moment of them being little. 

1 comment :

Life with the Lane’s Instagram