


The girls both woke up very excited to go to school. They typically sleep in so I wondered how waking them up at 6:45 am would go. Thankfully it went well. Let's hope it stays that way ha. We all got ready and went to pick up Brian on the way to school so that he could be there on their first day. We saw lots of familiar faces and friends walking into the building. That was nice. We took Andlee to her class room and she acted right at home and like a pro. We gave her goodbye lovins and she never looked back. Charlee, however, was a different story. Just as I had feared she held onto my leg and began to cry the second that we hit the door way. We gave her kisses and the teacher picked her up. I walked out holding back tears of my own. I stood outside of the door and was relieved to hear that she stopped crying as soon as I walked out of the room. I sat outside of the school for 30 minutes bawling and waiting so that I could watch them walk to breakfast. Yes, I'm THAT mom. I've called to check on them both and so far, so good. My prayers for them is that they have a great year and make lots of new friends. I want school to be a positive experience for them so I'm going to do everything that I can to make sure that happens.

As for Hudson, he's done perfect. I think he's eating up this alone time and just enjoying the baby life ha. He's asked a few times about the girls but no sadness so that's wonderful. We are spending our day out and about to help distract my first day of school empty nest depressions.
Hurry up 3 pm. I can't wait to hear how their day went!

UPDATE: They had a great first day. Charlee said that she made 2 new friends and Andlee said that she made 100 new friends ha. That sounds about right. Shy Charlee. Outgoing Andlee. I'm so happy that their day went so well. We celebrated with snow cones 😉
Love your blog
ReplyDeleteThank you so much. I enjoy blogging a lot.
Delete