We put the girls in separate classes because they are already so reliant on each other's company that I didn't want to continue that into their school years. They needed to learn how to handle things on their own and I'm SO glad that we did this. Going to school and being away from me was a big enough deal in itself, it would have been much harder on them next year if we had let them take that big step together only to separate them later. They've already in just a short week made many new friends on their own. I'm so thankful for that. I was very concerned with how they'd do apart. They love their teachers and I love all of the picture updates that the teachers send me. They appreciate their time together as well as with their brother so much more now since they aren't all together 24/7. It has all in all been an extremely positive experience. I was a nervous wreck about this part of motherhood. As I mentioned in my first day of school post, I have dreaded the school years since the kids were born. The first few days were incredibly hard for me. I cried a lot and caught myself looking for the girls. I honestly felt lost without them. It's getting easier each day but I'm still showing up 30-45 minutes early to pick them up ha. I adore hearing all about their day and seeing how much they missed me as well as each other. Hudson has done awesome! He asks about them throughout the day but he's loving our time alone with daddy. We spend part of our day with Brian each day and it's been so nice.
I pray that school continues to be a positive experience for them and that their love for it never goes away.







Post a Comment