Search This Blog

Friday, August 19, 2016

Happy Birthday to My Father In Law

Today is not only my father in law, Perry's birthday but it's also the day of his retirement party. As I'm getting things ready to head to his party I can't help but to think about how much he means to us. Not very many people get blessed with the worlds best father as well as the worlds best father in law. I am insanely lucky and grateful. Perry is seriously one of the most hard working and dedicated people that I know. He went to work on the railroad when he was 14 and he's worked his butt off every since. I am so happy for him to finally be retired. Not that he'll stop working but atleast he won't have the long commute every day ha. He's the kindest person that you'll ever meet. He always sees the best in people. His heart is gentle and selfless. His laugh is contagious and his grin is all too familiar. When I see him smile I see his late brother Charley (whom our daughter is named after) and it touches me deeply. I truly love him and so do my children. He is a blessing to our lives and I don't think he's told that near enough so this is our little shout out to him. An amazing man and poppy that we are so thankful for. If you're lucky enough to have a father in law this incredible, cherish it always. 


 

 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram