As I'm currently texting a new friend from Australia that I met through this blog I can't help but to think about friendship! Friendship is something that can have a huge impact on our lives. Whether you have a million friends or your family is your only friends, we all experience friendship throughout our lives. Like any relationship they can come and go or they can last forever. Friendship is trial and error because you can't possibly get to know a person without opening yourself up to their friendship. Sure, you can hear things about them and assume that you won't like them or you can be too protective of yourself to give new friends a chance but all in all to make friends, you have to be a friend. There are people who are completely content with only having their family as their friends. They feel safer this way and I get that but at the same time how can you share what your soul brings to the world if you aren't spreading your spirit around and making friends/meeting new people? Yes, you are going to get hurt by someone that you trusted. You are going to not hit it off with someone because you are nothing alike. You are going to hang out once and realize that you aren't compatible with that person because your values and lifestyle are completely different. I've been through it all. But that will never stop me from GIVING PEOPLE A CHANCE. I hear a lot that you become who you hang out with and I completely disagree! If you know who you are and are a confident, independent person no one can change you! You will continue to be yourself despite your poor company. Not to mention hanging out with someone once doesn't make you whoever that person is. That's absurd. I've let many people go because they were negative Nancy's or did bad things and people that I don't want around my children but I've also stayed friends with people who are alot different than me and it's worked out great because I could help bring that person up emotionally. I can't tell you how many times that I've heard that being around me made them want to be happier and that makes our differences so, so worth it. I want to be the light to someone because I have so many lights in my life. You don't have to be just like someone to end up being the best of friends. Getting hurt is scary, I get it. I've been heartbroken more times than you could even imagine but you know what, those heart breaks made me who I am today. They made me smarter and they made me stronger. You don't want to miss out on an amazing friendship because you didn't put yourself out there. Some of my friends have became my family and I can't imagine my life without them. Some of my 'friends' we're just lessons but I wouldn't have learned those lessons if I hadn't opened myself up to those friendships.
Now go and make some new friends ha. Get to know them then decide if it'll work out or not. I'm not saying to go into it trusting a person fully. That would be silly to do. I am however saying to give them a chance. Even if you don't think that you'll have anything in common. Even if you're scared to reach out to them. Even if you've heard bad things about them or some of your friends don't like them. Consider the source of rumors and trust no ones judgements but your own! I've trusted someone else's opinion of a person before and ended up adoring that person when I got to know them years later. I've also reconnected with friends that I had a falling out with a long time ago and things were better than ever the 2nd time around. Wipe the slate clean and start fresh. Little steps and basic chit chat. I've even started friendships before by complimenting a person. It's not hard at all to do 😉
Post a Comment