It’s been a minute since I did a house update so I thought that I’d stop in and document where we are at in our build. I also thought that I’d do an update on our children’s bedroom themes since they’ve requested a few changes.
Our show barn is up besides the front of it. We did white metal but are doing the front of the barn in white board and batten to match the house. It will have stained shutters, stained barn doors, and a stained loft door above the barn door.
The footing of our house before they did the plumbing and the show barn.
The back of the barn. Part of this will be back yard and part of it will be corrals-livestock pens.
The horse stall and corral side of the barn. Where my car is parked is the drive way for visual reference.
This view is from our future back yard looking at the Doodle Lane office/whelping/grooming room.
The rough plumbing is done and we will FINALLY be pouring the foundation this week. We will be framing by January 18th. We’ve gotten a lot of snow and rain recently which has made around our home super muddy.
Our lumber is ready.
Our windows are all ordered. I was planning to do black because it’s modern and what I see most but for that same reason, we went with white. I don’t want to do what’s common in places that I can avoid it. Farmhouse is so popular right now. I knew that when I picked our home design but I’m doing everything that I can to make all of the little touches unique and custom so our house isn’t like your typical modern farmhouse. I don’t want basic at all despite my exterior design choice. I’m just a genuine sucker for classic farmhouses and always have been. I’m obsessed with the contrast of white and stained wood. I love the boxy look of a white farmhouse. I love old architecture. I am a OG farmhouse lover through and through. Just ask my mom and grandma how long I’ve pointed out old houses and went nuts over them. Since childhood!
The wire, electrical boxes, light boxes, breaker panels, etc for the house and barn are bought. We just need to get the can lights.
The show cattle and horse barn is getting wired up tomorrow.
Our pipe entrance and corners are getting started this week too.
We will start seeing constant progress once the framing starts. Our builder is seriously the bomb. He is as ready as we are to get this rolling so I have no doubts that anymore delays won’t be an issue with him. He’s a go getter 🙌🏻
My next update will be huge change.
We’ve made a lot of little random changes to our design plans and I’ll touch on those in a few separate posts but today I’m just going to talk about the kid’s bedroom designs.
Charlee and Granger have rooms down stairs just off of the main living area. Hudson, Andlee, and Eilee have rooms upstairs along with a large flex room that will be our homeschool/playroom for now and a possible 6th bedroom later if desired. Decorating that space will be a priority after we are all settled in.
Charlee picked a whimsical rustic wildflower theme. We are doing a green wall behind her bed. She picked Country Squire by Sherwin Williams. Her bed is a metallic gold metal headboard. Her bedding will be white and frilly/Lacey with rust, mauve, and mustard yellow throw pillows. Her floors will be knotty wood and she will have this cowhide rug on it. It has adorable metallic gold flakes in it. She picked the same wildflower decals that you see in the inspo picture. They are from Project Nursery and we just bought the half order since that’s what you see pictured and it looks great to us. I wanted to keep that wall somewhat flexible because of our next baby is a girl she will share a room with Charlee and have a gold metal crib on the same wall as Char’s bed. Her other walls will be light beige with stained wood trim. Her light fixture is the one pictured and is beaded. Her wall decor will be a blend of macrame wall hangings-flower pot holders and wildflower pictures from Hobby Lobby. Her name will be above her bed in wooden calligraphy letters, painted metallic gold. Her room will also be a nursery for Pariee someday if we have another girl. We will buy a gold metal crib from Target to match the room theme and do Pariee’s name in gold wooden calligraphy letters like Charlee’s.
Granger’s bedroom is a rustic farm theme. He will have an hunter green ship lap wall behind his bed with a matching green dresser-changing table. His other walls will be light beige and his trim will be stained. His floors will be knotty wood and he will have a cowhide rug on it that has his name on it. His decor will be a blend of metal and wood accents with animal portraits. His crib is white and his sheet will be green and ivory gingham like in the inspo picture. His name will be done in wooden or tin letters above it. We are having a picture of one of our show cows blown up and printed off in black and white from Smallwood Home to recreate this popular Target highlander picture for above his changing table-dresser. Granger’s room will also be Roma’s nursery if we have another boy. We are doing natural wood cribs that convert into toddler beds. I will also do Roan’s name above his crib to match Granger’s.
Andlee and Eilee’s room is a chic horses theme. Behind their beds there will be a white shiplap wall and they will have a blush barn door on their closet. Their other walls will be light beige with stained trim. Their dresser, night stand, and bed frames are white. They will have stained floating shelves for toy horse storage on the walls with rustic floral and horse paintings as decor. Above their beds on the ship lap I’m either doing their names in a flexible rope looking material, using a projector with a calligraphy font or I’m doing a rope wreath with flowers that has the first letter of their names in the middle of each wreath. Similar to what’s in the 2nd picture but with a wood ‘A’-‘E’ in blush. Their bedding will be colorful with cow print, navy, mustard yellow, teal, and pink accents. They are picking out the fabric on their own so it’ll be totally customized to them.
Hudson’s room will be a vintage western/rodeo theme. He will have a stained tongue and groove wall behind his bed. The other walls will be light beige with stained trim. His headboard and dresser are also stained. His exact bedding is in the 2nd collage. We will do European mount deer skulls and vintage western paintings on the wall. My great aunt from The Pacific Northwest sent him this incredible set of homemade vintage pictures when he was born and they will look so perfect back in this space. (Fun fact: his nursery before we moved into our last house was actually this same theme so I love that he went back to it on his own.) He will have a navy barn door on his closet.
Post a Comment