Essential oils have played a huge part in all of my pregnancies. Specifically peppermint oil for nausea and migraines but as I’ve learned more about oils I’ve realized just how extensive the options are. Today I’m going to post part 1 of a 3 part series on essential oils specifically in regards to pregnancy, labor/delivery, and post partum support. I’ll be referencing Young Living oils in this post but I’m happy to answer any questions about other brands and alternatives for these recommendations. I joke that I’m an oil hoe and have tried them all ha. I definitely have favorite brands and advice to give on what brands are better quality than others.
- The resource that I’m referencing is The trenches by Kari Rae Lewis
Pregnancy:
Emotional support — forgiveness, present time, stress away, peace & calming, and surrender can help with negative emotions.
Stress relief & relaxation — you can apply stress away multiple times a day or diffuse it. You can diffuse or inhale stress away, frankincense, lavender, gentle baby, or copaiba. You can take an epsom salt bath with lavender or stress away. You can apply valor to your spine to support alignment from physical stressors.
Sensitive nose — diffuse or inhale purification.
Hormonal head support — peppermint on temples, deep relief on the base of the skull & back of the neck, frankincense or peppermint on your thumb then pressed to the roof of your mouth.
Growing belly — apply frankincense and/or gentle baby. You can use rose ointment, kidscent tender tush, or seedlings baby oil as a base for these.
Stay healthy — diffuse thieves and/or purification. Apply thieves to the bottom of your feet. Apply frankincense to the spine.
Sore muscles — Apply copaiba and diluted panaway with wintergreen. Use deep relief roll on or stress away on spine.
Acidic tummy — ingest 2 plus drops or lemon vitality or orange vitality to regulate the acids in your tummy. Drink 1 drop of lemon and/or peppermint in water. Apply digize and/or peppermint to stomach.
Glowing skin — apply purification as spot treatment or frankincense all over.
Delivery support — use geranium for elasticity of the perineum.
Digestion — apply digize and/or peppermint to tummy. Ingest digize vitality, lemon vitality, and/or peppermint vitality.
Mom brain — brain power applied daily to neck, throat, temples.
“Not yet, baby” (my most used methods right now) — apply lavender to your belly for relaxing and calming mom.
Peace & calming diffused or applied to moms chest.
Note: use peppermint with caution if you plan to breastfeed. It’s been known to decrease milk supply. Most women don’t notice this issue when applying it to the bottoms of their feet though. It has also been used to help baby turn inside the womb so if you don’t want baby to turn, avoid applying it to your tummy. Digize and panaway contain small amounts of peppermint so keep that in mind.
Again, if you have any questions at all or simply just want to chat all thing EO, I’m your girl and happy to help.
Post a Comment