Search This Blog

Monday, October 28, 2019

Pregnancy update: week 31









As most of you know we are currently seeing two health care professionals in regards to our pregnancy. We are seeing a midwife with the intentions of birthing at home but we are also continuing to see the OB that we used with our last child. It was my husband’s stipulation to feel comfortable with me birthing at home and was all around the best choice for us personally. My insurance covers the care under my OB and I have a history of preterm birth/risking out of home birthing so keeping my established physician just made sense. It saves me from frantically trying to find a doctor if I risk out last minute. Anyways, this week we had a check up with both of my caregivers and at my OB appointment we briefly discussed future pregnancies in regards to the Rhogam shot after this birth if our baby if a positive blood type. Yes. That’s right. Rather than discussing birth control like normal people, my husband and I are chatting up baby names for our next kid ha. (We decided on Whimslee ‘Winnie’ Reese and Wilder or Breckin Andrew btw). I was on the fence about doing another immune globulin shot after delivery if it was needed so I wanted my OBs input on that. I had already gotten my midwifes advice but having both of their opinions always makes me feel more secure with my final choice. At each appointment this week we discussed birth plans and schedules for ordering birthing supplies. It’s so incredibly crazy to me that we are realistically nearing show time. I will be 32 weeks on Wednesday which means that in 4 weeks I can birth at home and in 3 weeks I can hospital birth most likely without needing a NICU stay. Not that I WANT him to come early but the fact is that I’ve delivered 3 babies around that gestation so it’s a big possibility that it could happen again and it would in most cases be a successful low risk situation. We could be bringing a baby home in 3 weeks or birthing at home in 4 weeks! I’m so not ready for this journey to end. He just needs to stay put until after Christmas ha. 

We also did an elective 4d ultrasound on Granger this week, just as we did with our other four children. My mom and grandma think that he resembles Hudson but I didn’t really see any of us. He didn’t look familiar to me which makes me even more excited to see his features. I keep dreaming that he has lots of red hair and very pale skin. Either way one thing is certain, he’s chubbyyyyyy already just as i said that he’d be. He weighed 5 lbs even at 30 weeks and 6 days gestation. My fundal height measured 35 cm and my vitals were all perfect, as were his. Amazingly I’ve not gained any weight at all in almost 3 weeks. I’ve completely cut out drinking calories so I really feel like that’s helping me manage my weight in a healthy way. All in all things are going great right now aside from intense spd (pelvic pain) and the few days of preterm labor craziness that we had two weeks ago. We have lots of Halloween festivities this week and our maternity/family/Christmas pictures are this weekend. I have been planning this session for many, many years. I’m so excited about it. 

I’m planning to post part two of my essential oils 101 series by Halloween but if I don’t, I hope that everyone has a wonderful and SAFE Halloween full of fun. 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram