*Disclaimer: I didn’t include all of the obvious things like nail clippers, lotions, wipes, diaper bags (All Gussied Up and Itsy Ritzy are my current favs), disposable diapers if you don’t use cloth, a crib, sheets, sleepers (L’oved Baby & Kate Quinn are my go to’s for quality but Carter’s also has the hook up), comfy outfits, socks, mittens, a stroller, ect.
Must have baby items from a mother of soon to be five:
-A comfortable pack and play. We room share until our babies get older so a cozy space for them in our room is a must have. I love the pack and plays that have newborn inserts and changing stations.
-A bassinet or Moses basket for more mobility when you are doing household chores but want your baby within your sight/easy reach. The halo bassinet has a lot of hype around it but for good reason. It’s a safe, quality product for sleeping.
(Note that safe, assisted sleeping is crucial when using a Moses basket. The same applies for sleeping pods such as snuggle me organic and dock a tot. You never, ever should let your baby sleep unassisted in these items)
-cloth diapers. My favorite newborn clothes are rumparoos but there are countless options. I also prefer the charcoal bamboo inserts. I feel like for us they hold better.
-a natural, quality baby wash, shampoo, and lotion. Our favs are California Baby and earthly mama.
-a breathing and video monitor for those moments when your baby isn’t in the same room as you. Owlet is worth the money. For real. You can sign up for their email list to know when they have discounts but you can also shop around for the best price. They are sold through many different outlets such as target, amazon, Walmart, ect.
-bibs, burp clothes, swaddle blankets, and multiple purpose covers. These are all some of the most used things on a daily bases for us. Specifically the nursing/car seat/cart/high chair cover. And guys, Copper pearl is where it’s at. I’m more than obsessed with this company. Seriously. The fabric are the softest ever. It’s all affordable and great quality. The pattern choices are darling. You can’t go wrong with cp.
-a car seat and for me I always slurge on it. Safety, comfortability, and quality is extremely important. We travel a lot so having a comfortable car seat is a must. Top notch Safety ratings is also a must. Easy installation, another must so for me I’ll almost always pick the Chicco keyfit 30.
-a cozy and diverse swing. I know that not all babies like to swing but I got ‘lucky’ and all of mine so far loooooved their swings so it made it to the must haves list. Over time we stumbled upon the mamaroo swing and I have to say that it’s the bees. It has so many options that it’s basically feels like you’re Baby is royalty ha.
-a quality breast pump for those who plan to nurse. Quality is key. Truly. A good pump can make or break your experience producing or responding to a pump. It can also make a difference of how much milk you express each pump session. Spectra is my personal go to. I’ve tried several other name brands but I always go back to the spectra and I’m never disappointed in it.
-lastly but probably my most used product is a baby wrap. My babies lived in them! I nursed them in wraps. Cleaned. Cooked. shopped. Ran errands. Went on field trips and vacations. Hiked. Did homework. Ect. You name it, I’ve most likely baby wore and done it. I baby wear multiple times a day and it’s definitely my number one must (aside from the obvious essentials like car seats and beds). I have a mild wrap addiction so I’m always buying and trying new brands but my top favorites for newborns-infants are solly Baby, boba, and moby. Solly Baby has my favorite selections of colors and prints. It’s more light weight than the other two brands but it’s just as sturdy.
I hope this post helps some of you decide what to add to that baby registry or buy for yourself. Happy shopping and baby prepping.
Post a Comment