Search This Blog

Thursday, August 29, 2019

My must have cleaning products




If you follow me on Instagram you know that I’ve been nesting like crazyyyy. I don’t usually enjoy cleaning but getting monthly boxes shipped to my door of cleaning supplies from Grove Collaborative seriously has helped me get excited to clean/try new products. The nesting just throws that drive to clean everything over board and I’ve been on a huge ‘spring cleaning’ kick. I’ve noticed that I have a handful of constantly used items for cleaning our home so I thought that I’d blog about about those products today. 


Spray Bottles + Some Basic Household  multi functional Products:

We all know that I’m a sucker for making my own things and cleaning solutions falls high on that list of DIY items throughout our home. It’s so easy to do and for everyday clean ups, it’s effective. All you need is some spray bottle, baking soda, white vinegar, rubbing alcohol, ammonia, and lemon juice. Baking soda and vinegar are my most commonly used cleaning combos. Rubbing alcohol and white vinegar make a bomb streak free glass cleaner, btw. 


An Eco-Friendly All-Purpose Cleaner

Today, the shelves are full of cleaners for super-specific tasks. There are so many choices that it can be overwhelming. That’s why I love multi-tasking Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Liquid Soap. It’s a dish soap, floor cleaner, body wash, dog shampoo—you name it!


A Bona spray mop, cleaning solution, and floor polish. I’ve blogged about these products before so you can click here to read that post but I’m telling you now that they are my ride or die products for taking care of my hard wood and tile flooring. Sponge mops gross me out and contain so much bacteria. You are mopping your floor with a dirty, germ infested item over and over. It’s like using a dirty wash cloth to ‘clean’ your counters. With the Boba the pads are washable so you can wash and dry them in your washing machine-dryer. It’s the bees. 


A Magic Eraser because, duh — it’s life and works on just about everything. Base boards, counter tops, cabinet doors, and even sharpie stains, the cute bald guys got your back. 


Rubber gloves and micro fiber towels. I personally prefer disposable rubber gloves for the finish up cleaning after you’ve done the nasty work with thick reusable gloves. To me it’s the same concept as a sponge mop if you’re reusing the same dirty glove on newly ‘clean’ surfaces. I do the scrubbing and washing with thick gloves that i reuse a lot but then i do disposable gloves to finish the job. Or sometimes I’ll finish it up glove free. It just depends on what cleaning products I’m using and how harsh they are. Micro fiber dish or auto towels for cleaning is probably one of my favorite cleaning finds. I started using them by accident to detail out my car because all I had on hand at the car wash that day was a cloth diaper microfiber insert. Next thing that I know they become life for spotless cleans and I’ll never go back. 


An ALLERGY FRIENDLY vacuum and air purifier. This is big for us because we have 2 people in our home that has asthma and we all suffer bad seasonal allergies. We also have a pet friendly home so making sure that the cloth/fabric surfaces as well as the air is clean is a huge deal. I have owned two models of the Rainbow vacuum/air purifier and I’ll never own anything else. It’s one of the very few vacuum’s that is asthma and Allergy Friendly certified. It’s also AHAM and carpet and rug institute certified. We run ours on low full time to purify the air. They are very expensive but you can find them used online or on Facebook marketplace. You can also earn a vacuum by helping your salesman make more sales. 


Laundry soap. I usually make ours which I’ve blogged about so I’ll link that post here for you to scroll for directions and ingredients. 


Thieves oil & essential oils! These to me are obvious needs just like brooms, dust pans, mops, ect. When making your own products for the home a quality essential oil is everything. I’m a scent girl. If scents were a love language, it’d be mine. I love appealing smells and when you walk into my home the lovely smell will be the first thing that you notice. My favorite brands are Edens garden, young living, doterra, and plant therapy. Thieves oil is a super diverse product for cleaning and health wellness. 


If you’re interested in becoming a member of Grove Collaborative and getting a ton of free products plus a gift set you can sign up here

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram