Search This Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Life Update — Beach Bound, Dad’s Health, House Changes, Back to School for the Kids and I, ect

If you follow my blog you know that my dad was in the hospital again for a few weeks. There was concern that he needed stints put into his heart because his stress test case back bad and his kidneys were only functioning at around 5% total. However, I’m thrilled to say that it was a false positive on the stress test. Yes, his heart looks amazing AND his kidneys improved enough for him to come home. Granted that he fell the next morning and gashed his leg open (he cut an artery and is on blood thinners plus we live a solid 25 minutes from any ERs so things could have been really bad) but he’s healing and home. We are all so thankful. His battle to getting a transplant is just beginning but he his ready for the fight. He’s truly a inspiration. Anyone who knows him tell you that he has the biggest and most giving heart. He would literally give a stranger the shirt off of his back. He worked his entire life to have what he has yet he’d give it all away to help others in need. I get bitter at times that such a wonderful person has been dealt such a shitty hand but when i say that to my dad he says that he is just very thankful that it’s not one of his loved ones dealing with it. That’s the heart of him. He gladly takes it all in if it means none of his family suffering what he is. I get tears in my eyes every single time that i think about it. Not only that, he still keeps his faith in God. He still praises him for his amazing life. When someone asks dad how his doing, even if dad is too weak to even sit up, dad replies ‘I’m living the dream!”. He’s incredible. Simple as that. I have the best family and parents in the world. No doubt about it. To celebrate him being home we had a fish fry and night time swim party.

 





This week i got everything together to finish cosmetology school. I start in August and it’s so exciting for me to be taking this step in life. I’ll only be going part time and Brian will be keeping Eilee. When i recently was going to work for a local bank i ended up having to opt out because at that time Eilee would cry when I’d leave her. She’s no longer doing that. All of the details will be in my next post but by Winter I’ll be working part time in a salon settled into my dream job (besides being a mom which i will also still be doing). 




We finished Hudson’s room update and did a little updating to our master suite too. I’ve posted those pictures on Instagram so you can see them there if you don’t want to wait for the blog on it. The bunk bed for Andlee’s room is in but it’s going to be a full days worth of work kind of job so it will be a bit before it’s done. This weekend we are celebrating my papa’s birthday at my grandmas then I’m going out of town with one of my best friends. Next weekend we are leaving for Florida. The following weekend is the girls big birthday party plus cheer camp so needless to say, we won’t have a full day where Brian has off to do the bed for awhile but that’s okay. We aren’t in a huge rush and know that it’ll be worth the wait to see Andlee’s face light up over it. I will post all of our house updates in one post. 



Life has been so busy between everything that i mentioned plus getting 3 kids ready for their next year of school. I can’t believe that I’ve had kids in school for 3 years now (Charlee did a head start program at the school part time to help her transition 3 years ago). They are so ready for school to start. We play school per their demands every single day. As a veteran school aged kids mom, I don’t get overly excited and have everything done way in advance like i did the first few years. I actually dread them starting school. Sure, they drive me crazy but this time with them is irreplaceable. They will be lucky if i have all of their shit ready by the week of open house, to be honest. We’ve gotten their back backs, their first day of school (and over priced) outfits, and part of their new clothes. That’s it. I’m not sharing their first day outfits until that day so it’s not copied by anyone local but i will share their adorable back packs. I keep their weekly outfit station set up year round so that’s nothing new to work on. We’ve done homework all summer long so recaps are also nothing new for us to work on. We keep the same sleep/night time schedule as well. As for supplies, I’m putting that off because they’ll insist on going with me and Walmart is always a joy with 4 young kids. Can you hear my smart ass tone? Yeah, not thrilled about it. Don’t feel bad if you finish your school stuff last minute — i sure don’t. When i do get around to finishing everything though, I may do a post on my school prep advice/routine. Most of that post will be bumping up links from my already written blog posts over the last few years since not much has changed but i do have a few new things to mention that I’ve learned from experience. 








Since selling our children farm my husband has became known for randomly saying, “Let’s go to ...... next week!” and dropping vacations on me. It can be frustrating for me because I’m a huge planner and i like structure but at the same time i know how much it means to Brian to be able to do whatever he wants, when he wants. A few days ago Brian said, “Let’s go to Florida for our anniversary!” so off we will go. The chicken houses ran our lives. It owned him. We had to cancel so many plans and trips because of them. When we decided to sell the freedom in general was the thing that excited us the most and boy have we utilized that privilege. We’ve been on 6 vacations as a family since we sold out and it’s been awesome. Brian’s been on 8 because he went to Colorado hunting with his buddies once and to a cow show to show our bull in Texas with Hudson. We need very little planning to do things. It’s so nice and a blessing to be able to live that way. With dad’s health scares, losing papa, trying to enjoy the last month of summer with my babies, preparing to go back to school myself, working on our farm, pregnancies, and so much more to say that I’m pumped about getting away is an understatement. I love the beach and we haven’t ever been to Destin so that will be a fun new adventure. If you know us, we love sharks and shark week so to be there for part of shark week is a cherry on top. We were there 9 years ago during shark week on our honeymoon. It’s a full circle moment to be there on our anniversary, during shark week, and with our big family. We are doing pictures on the beach which is also a full circle moment because our last set of pictures on the beach was of us announcing our pregnancy with one of our angel babies. Now we will have our rainbow babies involved in those pictures. 






Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram