Our middle daughter turns six this week (on the 4th of July) and she has consistently been asking for bunk beds in her room for well over 6 months. We have disagreed with doing that because a) her bed is perfect for her room and b) each of our kids have their own rooms so there’s no practical need for bunk beds in a room. Brian and I spoke about doing a loft bed rather than a bunk since that would just be one bed area but again that didn’t make sense seeing as her bed is perfectly fine. We have fought this battle like crazy since Christmas. Our sleeping arrangements were inconsistent for awhile because of the move/living in the small cabin. The girls slept with me there and Hudson slept with Brian. Then after we moved into the big house it was new and scary to them at night time. Sometimes the kids slept with us. Sometimes they slept in one of their rooms together. Sometimes Brian slept with Hudson and the girls slept with me. It was all over the place but over the last few months as they’ve adjusted fully to our home they have all been sleeping in their own rooms by themselves.
Andlee pointed out how ‘big’ that was of them and how she deserved a bunk bed so Charlee or Hudson could have “sleep overs” in her room some nights. I mean, who can say ‘no’ to that?! Needless to say — I will be posting a room reveal very soon and it will feature bunk beds. Not just any bunk beds but a bed with a trundle bed so ALL FOUR KIDS can sleep in there if they want to.
**Shout out to my mom for finding the perfect bed for us. This is the exact bed** I am soooo excited to see it all done and to see their faces light up when it’s revealed to them. We are waiting for everything to get here in the mail and once it’s all here I will take the kids to grandma’s for the day while Brian and I put it all together/stage it so it’s totally finished when i bring the kids home. They have no clue. Andlee is going to SWOON! This is the exact bedding that i ordered for each mattress:
Once Andlee’s room is done we will be switching Charlee and Eilee’s rooms. I don’t want to have to worry about Eilee climbing out of her crib (she’s not close to that stage yet but I’m still paranoid) and falling down the stairs so her new room will be downstairs beside Andlee’s room. Luckily the wall colors are perfect in both of those rooms for an easy decor/furniture swap. I’ll probably reveal their rooms at the same time that i reveal Andlee’s. Hudson’s will be shortly after that. I’m completely redoing his theme and painting the wall behind his bed. We are doing a woodland/mountain/adventurer theme per his request while we were in Colorado. (Gotta keep things even and do something with his room too because you know, mom life). This will be the painting theme on his big wall.
I plan to make the girls rooms post next weekend. Hudson’s may be sooner because I’m overly excited to paint those mountains and the decor is already here. Just waiting on bedding. Stay tuned and remember that parenthood is rarely practical, sometimes it’s simply about making your babies happy.
How do you choose the best choose the best product among the ones listed here?
ReplyDeleteBest Bunk Beds!