Eilee will be FOUR MONTHS OLD on Sunday and I’ve spent the past few days crying about it. I can’t wrap my head around the fact that my littlest baby isn’t a newborn anymore. Hell, I’m struggling to come to terms with the fact that she’s actually here. It was a year ago this week that I found out that I was pregnant with her but it seriously feels like it was yesterday. Eilee Lou is 13 1/2 lbs and 25 1/2 inches long. She can roll in every direction or position that you can imagine and travels freakishly fast if you lay her down. She does a hilarious back crawl where she lays on her back and uses her feet to push her around. She’s currently cutting two teeth and one of them has almost broken through which explains the past month of excessive drooling and hand chewing. Speaking of hands, E is a major finger sucker. It’s the cutest thing in the world. She sleeps 7 hours straight at night and is seriously the calmest baby aside from her big sister, Andlee. She likes to chill in her swing or on the floor under her play gym. Her favorite thing to do is to watch the TV and the fire burning. She enjoys being worn as much as I enjoy wearing her. It’s how 85% of our time awake is spent. She still laughs and smiles constantly. She loves her siblings but she thinks Charlee is the funniest. She does not like cats. She may or may not end up being a cat kicker like her father. She screams any time that a cat gets near her. At this point she’s had a lot of ‘firsts’. She’s rolled, sucked her hands, put things into her mouth, starting cutting teeth, went to the movies, went to her first fair, went to Colorado, went to the pumpkin patch, went shopping, went out to eat, went to church, went swimming (with me holding her of course), went fishing, and this week she saw her first newly killed deer because I shot a 12 point buck with my cross bow. We’ve had lots of firsts and many that weren’t named. She has also found that popping off of my boob makes a funny noise and she thinks that it’s beyond hilarious. It takes me twice as long to nurse her because she ‘plays’ and giggles. I love nursing more and more every day. It becomes so much more interactive as she gets older. I deeply regret that I wasn’t able to nurse my other children as long as I wanted to. It’s by far one of my favorite experiences as a mom. I can understand why moms do extended breastfeeding ha. It’ll be depressing to wean Eilee. We have a beautiful and thriving rainbow baby on our hands. She makes us so proud. Happy 4 months old birthday, sweet girl. We love you.
Friday, October 27, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Post a Comment