Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

30 Days of Me: Days 6 & 7

30 Days of Me: Day 6

My favorite super hero! 
This is easy for me, I don't have one. I'm not into the super hero thing. I did love Harley Quinn's character in Suicide Squad though. Her personality reminds me of myself. I watched that movie with my parents, Brian, and my brother. We all agreed that her vulgarity was a little too familiar ha. So does she count? 😅



30 Days of Me: Day 7

Someone who has made the biggest impact on my life!
It is legit impossible for me to just name one. I can't and I won't. I have a small tribe of people who have made me who I am today and impacted my life in the greatest of ways so I'm naming them all. 
First, my parents. My parents raised me of course but they did more than just take care of me. They made me the devoted and loving person that I am. They gave me security in life and were solids that I always could count on. They never let me down. They had my back. They love me endlessly. They are why I grew up with a passion for parenthood. I have the upmost respect for them. I can't say it enough but they are the most amazing parents that anyone could ever be. 
Second, my children. My kids made me a mother. They make up the core of who I am today and give me everything that my heart desired the most. They change me profoundly every single minute. They've taught me patience and made me want to be a better person for them. Without my kids I'm not me. They are my whole being. They are why my heart beats. They are all that is perfect in my life. They are the reasons that I smile in moments when I have every reason to cry. They are why God put me here and because of them I'm forever grateful. 
Third, my husband. I'm not one to do the sappy husband shit. I think that's private and frankly marriage isn't always a glorified lovey dovey thing. It can be ugly. Possibly the ugliest thing that there is at times. We've had some rough moments. However, that man changed my heart. He gave me peace and showed me what it was like to be truly cherished by a partner. He stayed by my side when I wouldn't have stayed by my own side. He's cried for me and laughed for me. I am his weakness and that's something that I hold dearly. And him as a father is by far the most beautiful thing about him. I know that if anything were to happen to me, Brian wouldn't just step up but he'd slay being the only care giver for our kids. Anyone will tell you who has seen him with them that he's like Mr. Mom. He was made to be a daddy and he was made to be with me.
Fourth, my grandparents, niece/sister, and brother!
My grandparents are always there with open arms and minds to give me advice and love me as well as love my kids. I've always been close to them but I've gotten even closer as the years have passed. My grandma Linda is someone that I consider a best friend. There are few people who you know that truly care about you and wants going on in your life. She's one of those people for me. My grandpa is a realist. He's the person you go to when you need to hear it straight. He shows no mercy in telling it like it is and I have appreciation for that. 
My niece and my brother are very special to me. I don't see my brother much and we've had our fair share of fights but he's someone that I don't ever want to live without. He was my first best friend and there's not a childhood memory that I have that doesn't include him. 
My niece and I are more like sisters. We bicker and she drives me nuts but she was one of the greatest gifts to my family. She's been a light in the darkest of times. I look forward to having a big girl relationship with her like sisters do when she's older. I think that it will be amazing. 

All of these people made me who I am in one way or another. 


 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram