Search This Blog

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Life Has Been Insane

A week ago today we closed on our farm. My husband has been a chicken farmer for 12 years and built that farm and home from the ground up. It was basically all that he knew in his adult life and it's supported his family for years. Emotionally the sale was very hard for him for those reasons. For me, it's been my home for 8 years and it's the house that built our family. I know that I have said this before but it's true. That house was where it all started and where all of the 'firsts' happened. Leaving it this past Sunday knowing that we would never walk inside those doors again was hard. Brian and I stood inside of our empty living room for a long time and just quietly held eachother. The loss that we felt was extremely real. Honestly that first night in our new place was rough. We were both sad. Both tired. Both regretful of the choice that days before we 'couldn't wait to be over'. Both uncomfortable. Both just simply feeling not at home. The kids loved the new homestead from the beginning though so that's been a blessing. 
Day #2 at the cabin was busy. We had family, friends, phone companies, satellite companies, the electric company, ect come by. Everyone went on and on about how neat it is. We have a spring that runs into a large pond/small lake and our cabin is built on it so our patio over looks it. Fish and wildlife everywhere. Beautiful views. The peaceful sound of the spring running into the water. It really is one of a kind for our area. 


 

 
We have no cell service here. It's been surprisingly amazing. So simple and peaceful. I can sit outside on the deck before anyone gets up and listen to the spring flow while I read. No distractions. I get service when I take the girls to school so I usually check my social media accounts super fast. I spend around 10 minutes total a day doing that hints why I've not blogged or been online much. It's given me the extra time that I'd usually spend online to settle in, pack away things, go fishing, clean out the car for our vacation, organize the luggage, read, double check reservations, set up appointments for stuff to be done around the house, ect. It's been nice during this busy adjustment period to not have those technology related distractions. However, it's also been inconvenient to not have google ha. We are always needing phone numbers and addresses or to check what a stores hours are. I am a big online shopper so that's probably been the hardest on me. I think of stuff that I need to buy or bills that I need to pay online and I can't do it right then. That being said, we decided to go ahead and get wi fi in the future. I'm sure the Internet service will be spotty here so it may not even work but we will see. In the mean time now that I'm officially all moved in and ready for our trip I will spend this week writing blogs in my down time then posting them whenever I have service. I'll do my best to post regularly. In the past I've written some blogs in advance but sometimes I blog in the moment about what I'm feeling or thinking right then. To me blogging isn't an obligation or a job. It's for fun so I'm not one to do the strict routine thing. We will be gone the 16th-23rd of this month so I probably won't post much that week but I will for sure get you an update on the trip as soon as I get time. We are all so excited. It can't get here fast enough. As you all know life has been stressful and chaotic since October for us. This trip is like a huge reward for all that we've been through. 

As for operation new Lane home we ended up having to move where we intended to build because of flood concerns. This pushed us back a few days on starting the dirt work because the electrical company has to come out and tell us if they can get us electric to where we want to build now as well as what it'll cost. They will be out today to let us know then from there we can either start building at any moment or we must decide on a different spot to build. Perks of having so much land is that we have a lot of beautiful options. 

I hope that everyone has had a great week. 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram