Search This Blog

Sunday, December 11, 2016

We're Going to Disney World!



 Disney World! Where do I even begin? We love WDW so much. Brian and I went on our honeymoon there and we've taken our children back 3 times since then. My parents took my brother and I several times when we were kids too. I also went with my cheerleading squad to nationals there once. For a small town Oklahoma girl I think it's fair to say that I've been to Disney World more than most people around here. I'm a child all over again every single time that I go ha. I love it. Last time we took our kids we took them on our sons 2nd birthday. Even at 2, 3, & 4 the trip was overwhelming worth it. A lot of people think that's too young but they are wrong. Atleast in my experience they are. Our kids had a blast. Our girls rode most of the rides and our son was in heaven with all of the characters. We had dinner in Cinderella's castle and that's an absolute must again. 
We've said all along since we listed our home for sale that the first thing that we were going to do when we were chicken house free is go to Disney World. We've never went on vacation without having Brian constantly checking his phone and making sure the chickens are okay. That will be an incredible experience to have his undivided attention. Because our closing date has changed to the week after Christmas and we have 10 days to move out after it closes we've made our reservations for the 3rd week in January to be safe. We can't go until the chicken houses close because we are in full production so if for any reason something postpones closing we will have to move our vacation dates but thankfully winter time isn't a busy time so the agent we spoke to with WDW said that moving those reservations around would be no problem. I kind of think being there on Valentine's Day would be AMAZING but Brian's really wanting to go asap. Plus that day will be packed I'm sure. Our kids have no idea that we are going. We are telling them on Christmas morning with big gift boxes full of Disney themed stuff. Disney DVDs and snacks for the ride, Disney stuffed animals, Disney clothes and PJs, ect. I'm also going to include disposable cameras for each of them. I want to see Disney World from their perspective. I think it'll be the neatest thing to have to look back on. 
If for any reason at all our sale falls through at this point not only do our buyers have to pay us a big chunk of earnest money but we will still be taking our children to Disney World of course. We'd never tell them that and not have a back up plan. We just won't be able to take them until our chickens are older. 
Brian and I are so excited. Last time we took them we didn't tell them where we were going. They realized when they saw the castle where we were. So fun! We aren't doing that this time because we want to surprise them on Christmas morning with the news but for any other families planning a secret trip I highly recommend waiting to reveal it. It was so fun and very rewarding.

I get asked a ton for my advice on taking young children to Disney World so my next blog post will be full of advice and tips on planning your family's trip to the place where dreams come true. 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram