Search This Blog

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Baby Shower Plans

I have gotten asked several time if we plan on having a baby shower with this baby since it's our 4th. I also see this question a lot on mom groups that I follow on Facebook. Questioning baby showers when you have multiple children. Yah or nay kind of deal.
Our church and family threw us baby showers with all of our children and I'm sure that they will want to this time as well.
 However, because we aren't finding out the gender of this baby and I do not want a bunch of neutral things we've decided to have a Sip & See after the baby is born. The baby is due in the summer time thankfully. The risk of viruses and what not will be significantly less although we will of course wait until after the baby had his/hers first round of vaccines to have the shower. This gives people plenty of time to plan and to get gender specific things if they want to. It also give the baby and I time to breastfeed and build up his or her's immune system on to of getting the vaccines at 6 weeks old. 
*Obviously if someone isn't feeling well even if it's just a cold you will not be allowed to be near the baby. Hand sanitizer will be on each table but we will still be taking reasonable precautions. 

Honestly because we aren't finding out the sex all we can really purchase is baby necessities so by the end of this pregnancy we will be totally loaded on those things. The Sip & See will be more of a fun meet and greet kind of thing. No gifting pressure. 
For those of you who don't know what a Sip & See and haven't caught on yet it is a baby shower after the baby is born so that people can meet the baby. Their themes range from coffee and breakfast to beer, bubbly, and appetizers/BBQ. Anything related to drinking. Knowing my husband the whole beer and laid back thing will be what he wants to do ha. Our church shower will be a brunch themed Sip & See though I'm sure. One of the amazing ladies who always puts on our baby showers makes an incredible blueberry French toast casserole type of dish. It's the bomb. Perfect for a brunch.
For anyone who isn't finding out their baby's gender or simply just wants to show their baby off after he or she is born a Sip & See is the perfect solution. Pinterest has the neatest ideas for those of you who want more details on what it's like. 

If you're a mom of multiples and you don't see the point in having a baby shower for each child that's totally cool. I definitely can see your reasonings. I wouldn't have had them if ours hadn't been thrown for us because we had most of what we needed. It's all about personal preference and what your loved ones want to do. We are blessed to have a big group of people that love to shower us with their gifts, presence, and well wishes so we humbly accept their kind gestures. 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram