Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2016

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year is HERE!

I am a huge sucker for this time of the year. From Christmas movies & hot chocolate to all of the decorations & holiday traditions. I eat, sleep, and breath Christmas time. We always do a ton of things with the kids. Family Christmas get togethers (we have 7-8 every December), bible stories, cookie decorating classes, trips to the Christmas train, trips to see all of the lights, visits to see Santa, elf on the shelf, PJ traditions, movie nights, cocoa by the fire, Christmas crafts, school parties, ect. The list is endless and we love it. Tonight the girls are going to the Christmas train (it's a train that takes you through the story of Jesus's birth and the real meaning of Christmas) with my in laws so Brian and I are taking Hudson out for a 'just us' date. We are going to eat at his favorite restaurant and taking him to see a lot of Christmas lights. We really enjoy spending time one on one with our children. It's something that I've blogged about before and it's very important to us. Our month is jam packed full of festivities. If you guys have traditions or favorite Christmas places please feel free to share it with me. We are always up for something new. I'm a huge believer in spending the holidays with your loved ones and making the most of your time together. It's not about all of the materialistic stuff. It's about being with family and making memories. For some those moments are filled with stuff like what we do and for some it's simply sitting at home around the fire with all of your loved ones. Maybe it's baking with your mom or grandma. Maybe it's wrapping gifts together. Maybe it's traveling and seeing beautiful new places. No matter what you do or where you are take advantage of this time. Don't let the stress of the holidays get to you like it so easily can do. Stop, take a deep breath, look around, and enjoy. 
Cookie decorating with the princesses 💗
The Nutcracker Ballet 💗


 

MOVING UPDATE: My sweet and amazing husband informed me this morning that he has arranged it to where our closing date on the farm was moved back 30 days. He knows how much I love this time of the year and how distracted I've been with my dad as well as with our pregnancy on top of moving. It's all been overwhelming to say the least. I've had several break downs over it so he took it upon himself to request that our closing date be moved back. The buyers were very understanding and quickly agreed to this arrangement. We will be home for Christmas, our last Christmas here,
and we will be able to relax a little. I cried when he told me what he had done. He's such a thoughtful and amazing man. Now I can simply enjoy this pregnancy and the holiday without all of the extra stress. Our movers are still coming to pack up everything up for us but now we can wait and do that after Christmas. Praise the Lord that the buyers were so thoughtful and for my sweet hubby who is always there to take care of me. 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram