Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Pregnancy Update: Weeks 11 & 12



 
Week 11:
Continued throwing up but less
Continued tiredness
Continued face breakouts
Heart burn/acid reflux 
Craving spicy foods, specifically homemade salsa
Dreams that the baby is a girl
Still losing weight, 12 lbs total since 5 weeks pregnant 


Week 12:
Continued:
Throwing up but less
Tiredness
Heartburn/Acid Reflux
Baby girl dreams

No face break outs this week
No cravings
Could hear the baby moving on the Doppler like crazy

Braxton Hicks towards the end of this week. We went in to be monitored because I thought that I was having contractions fairly often. I know my body extremely well but I honestly questioned myself on this one. I knew what I was feeling felt like contractions but I thought that there's no way that I'm having them this early. Practice ones or not. No way. I was though. The doctor said that they are common early on in women who've had many pregnancies. They are typically harmless but I'm being watched even closer now and on temporary bed rest. Resting has slowed them down a lot thankfully. Even being harmless they gave me major anxiety. I want this baby to be safe and to be born full term. I'll do everything in my power to make that happen. 

This week I made an appointment with a midwife that several of my friends have used. My dream birth has always been a home water birth but Brian is not on board. I'm praying that after meeting the midwife and getting his questions answered that he will see the benefits of home birth and not only focus on the risks. I can't do a home birth without him on my team 100%. I know that he trusts me and that he knows how well I know my body. He's watched me coach all of my own births. From me telling the nurses when it was time to push and them not believing me because I was JUST 4cm dilated to me refusing to leave the hospital when I was in labor with my son even though the nurses were trying to send me home. I lead my births. I know my body insanely well. Heck I even caught our oldest child and pulled her onto my own chest. I truly birth without fear and that's all there is to it. My birth team (mom, best friend, husband, photographer friend, and mother in law) will all tell you that I was born to have babies. Brian jokes and replies to that comment that I was born to have HIS babies ha. Anyways he knows the struggle of hospital births and with the nearest birth center being over an hour away, home birth would be wonderful. We will continue to pray for God to lead us which direction we should go. In the mean time I'm very excited to meet with the midwife and get all of my questions answered. I will post a follow up blog on Tuesday after our meeting. 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram