It’s closing week and I honestly still can’t believe how fast everything went. When this started I prepared myself for a long process. I even told you guys that I ‘knew’ that this would take forever. Ha. Joke was on me. Our house was listed for under 2 weeks before we accepted an offer that was only $5000 under asking. Our closing date was set for October 9th (roughly one month away from the date that we accepted an offer) but we NEVER expected it to close then. Typically these things take a minimum of 6-8 weeks. However, we are still on tract to close in 4 days. We put in our contract that we have a week after closing to move out but we decided to get as much done as we could in advance and at this point we are about 75% done moving. My mom, grandma, best friend, and Brian’s friends have helped a ton. We have such a bomb ass support system. I love them. Major shout out to those who have helped us and plan to be here this weekend to help us finish up. Once we close the real fun begins and I can not wait!
I legit can’t tell you how thrilled we are to be doing this. Like, seriously squeal/happy dance excited. There is something so unique and special about building your dream home and dream ranch WITH your children. Having their little hands, ideas, and plans apart of each and every step of building it from the ground up is my by far my favorite. It’s completely one of a kind. Also having the opportunity to redo things that we’ve regretted or would have changed is awesome. I am beyond pumped and ready to watch this journey unfold. I am going to enjoy the process so much. I lost the enjoyment part in our last build because I was huge pregnant. I was overwhelmed and stressed about not being into the new house by the time that the baby was born and sure enough, she came 2 short days after we moved in. We rushed the final touches. We didn’t even finish polyurethaning some of the trim work because we just wanted to move it. I didn’t do the sinks and soaker tub that I wanted. I regretted some of the paint colors and using so much carpet. I needed a bigger laundry room and playroom. A bigger/gourmet kitchen too. Stuff that I know better now about but that I compromised on the first time. We didn’t soak in the process like we should have but that won’t be the case this time and I am pumped. I plan to blog and vlog the journey from day one so that’ll be fun.
I got asked the other day if I was sad to be leaving and honestly the answer is definitely ‘no’. I did my grieving and accepted my ‘good-byes’ when we first listed. We were only here for a few years so the house that we lived in before this was much harder on me. I didn’t expect it to be this easy. I love this home big time. There were regrets, of course but over all it is a dream. It’s my favorite house that I’ve ever seen but it is just that, a house. A building. We will recreate the favorites and make new memories. The house that built me was actually 2 homes and my parents still live in the 2nd one. The house that built my husband is still right down the road, along with my parents house. His parents still live there. But honestly, they both have talked about selling and rebuilding too which we are 110% okay with. Holding on to the concept of materialistic things isn’t what our life is about. It’s about holding on to the memories and the people that made those buildings special. If you do that, you can be fulfilled anywhere which is as wholesome as it gets 🤍
So here’s to the next chapter in our story, a new beginning to build our dream ranch exactly how we want it in a location that is perfect for our family. I won’t say that it’ll be our forever home but I will say that we sure are going to love it.
Post a Comment