I few months ago after I had a boost in followers on social media I requested that people ask me any questions that they wanted to, no matter how blunt or personal it was. I’m going to share some of those questions now along with basic ‘get to know me’ type of questions. It’s been so long since I’ve done one of these. I feel like it is the perfect time for a reintroduction kind of thing ☺️
Describe yourself: My name is Callee Lane. My husband, Brian and I have been together for 12 years. We have 5 children. Charlee (8), Andlee (8), Hudson (7), Eilee (3), and Granger (7 months). I’m 30 years old. I love being a mom and wife, writing, spending time with loved ones, traveling, homesteading, decorating my home, gardening, managing animals/pets, crafting, and going on adventures.
What inspired you to start blogging? I’ve always loved to write. My mom has countless pages of book reports and stories that I had written from the time that I was 8 years old until I graduated high school. Journaling and blogging on paper or on my private blog was a way of life for me. The more pregnancies/children that I had, the more that friends would constantly contact me with motherhood questions. I was always being told that I should write a book or start a blog so in time, I did. I mean, I was already blogging privately so what would be the difference in creating a public one? But I will be honest, after a few years I got burnt out on it and slacked. Not just that but life was (is) insanely busy. I wasn’t going to force content just to keep growing my following so I simply stepped back. With Covid 19 and basically never leaving home or being distracted other than the basics of raising kids, that love for blogging has sparked back up. I’ve been writing non stop it seems and I’m excited to dive back in to this world.
Describe your blog: It’s definitely an eclectic type of blog but it’s mostly focused on motherhood/basic everyday life so in short I’d call it a lifestyle blog.
What are your goals for life, blogging, business, ect? Oh gosh. A lot ha. Let’s just go with a short term answer. My summer goals for life in general are to enjoy more traveling with my family and to finish getting everything organized/ready to start our first full year of homeschooling. My blog goals are to upload content bi weekly. My business goals for the summer aside from raising healthy puppies is to add more new dams to our breeding program in hopes that next year we will have atleast one litter at all times. My long term goals is to be raising puppies full time. I’ve recently added 2 Sheepadoodles and a Poodle to the ranch but we have 2 more on the way as well so yay for growth.
If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Scotland! Hands down. If it had to be somewhere in the states, it’d be Alaska. I’m obsessed with beautiful scenery and my Scottish/Gaelic roots. There’s nothing better than adventuring a gorgeous landscape such as the Rocky Mountains or Alaskan wildness.
What made you decide to homeschool? I have always been super open about my desire to homeschool. It has been a dream of mine since I got married. With school shootings, teachers sexually assaulting students, bullying, suicide due to bullying, oversized classrooms, over worked and under paid burnt out teachers, maternal instincts to simply have my babies with me, ect it was just natural that my heart wanted to homeschool. I’ve never questioned that gut feeling. However, my husband’s one and only disagreement with me in regards to parenting was this topic. He never expresses strong opinions about things or is really serious about much. He always either genuinely agrees with me or simply doesn’t care either way. He is very compliant and supportive all around but this was the exception. He was deeply against homeschooling. To the point that he stressed out badly and lost a lot of sleep trying to talk himself into being on board with it. Mainly because of AG and school affiliated programs such as sports. He also was afraid of the socially awkward aspect of it or that the kids would get behind if we didn’t pick the right program. Thankfully distanced learning due to Covid 19 softened his heart on it and now we are finally in a lovely place of compromise about it. I’m so excited to continue on this journey.
You guys remind me of one of those self sufficient families with a ton of kids and pets, that homeschools, doesn’t believe in birth control, and lives totally off grid lol. Do you see yourself that way? Not exactly hahahaha. Barefoot & pregnant working the garden? Maybe. But I am definitely a big believer in birth control (not exclusively synthetic based, your girl loves natural family planning methods). We aren’t self sufficient yet as we do not have off grid power but we are actually working on that. We are in the process of converting to solar power for electric. Our water is sourced from a natural spring on our property. We garden-hunt and harvest our owns meats, poultry, and veggies. We planted several fruit trees this year so we can harvest our own fruit too. I’d love to be totally self sufficient but we just aren’t there yet. It’s big goals though.
Are you planning to have more kids? I remember you saying that your new son was your last one but we all know how that goes lol! Famous last words, right? He’s definitely not our last one. We plan to have more kids and haven’t set a number on how many more but SPOILER by this time next year we will have another one (or two if we are extra lucky π).
If you have more kids, What are you naming baby #6 if you don’t mind me asking? For a boy, it’ll be Roan or Acre Andrew. Roan is a Gaelic word for the color of the cattle that we raise. We raise a Scottish breed which I love since brian and I both have strong Scottish bloodlines. Acre simply just fits our family and lifestyle. Andrew is my dad’s name. For a girl, it’ll be Scottlyn Perry (Scottie), Everlee Grace, or Gracelee Perry. Scottlyn for the same reasons mentioned above, our Scottish roots. Gracelee after my great grandma. Perry after my father in law. everlee is just a name that i can’t shake. It reminds me of happily every after and tuck everlasting, two of my favorites. We also have been pondering Sutton for both sexes.
Will you find out the gender in advance this time? Yes but we won’t be revealing it until the baby is born. We’ve also talked about not announcing the pregnancy either until the birth.
Do you plan on working outside of the home when your kids get older? Originally my plan was to use my cosmetology license and do hair for a living once my babies are all in school. However, my heart called me in another direction. It called me to midwifery and for a year now I’ve been taking classes/interning under a licensed midwife in Arkansas. Unfortunately though due to covid 19 certain protocols have changed and I’m on rotation with other midwife students to attend births. As a result, I don’t get to assist births near as often as I’d like to and it’s put my training on slow motion. Also, we recently decided on homeschooling and I’m running a successful business raising puppies so we are in zero rush for me to work outside of the home. For now we are just focusing on growing our business and our family as well as productively homeschooling indefinitely with the occasional births and classes online. we are in an awesome place of comfort and peace all around.
Do you and your man like ever fight? You both are always so happy. oh my. So yes, We disagree at times and have had our fair share of struggles in the past but honestly, we rarely fight - FIGHT! I can think of twice in the last 3 years that we had a raise your voice kind of fight. We (I) fought often early in our marriage. I had a lot of emotional baggage and trauma due to past relationships. I struggled to just let myself be happy. I was terrified of getting hurt and i would try to push Brian away. He didn’t give up on me. He was so patient and loving through it all. I feel deeply honored to have him. Once I let that wall down, it changed everything. I always feel so awkward telling anyone how awesome my marriage is. I don’t know if it’s guilt because a lot of people don’t have this or if it’s weird for me because it feels kind of braggy but honest to God, my marriage is the only thing that keeps my head on. Brian is my rock and our relationship is ‘that fairytale stuff’ that you see in movies. It’s extremely humbling to know this type of love and peace. It makes me emotional every single time that I think about it. I am blessed beyond what I deserve and so thankful for my marriage.
If you were rich, what would your life look like? B and I joke about winning the lottery or being rich sometimes so I’ve thought about this before. My life would look the same. In no specific order, our house would be our current house. We’d buy more land and cattle. We’d buy a big vacation home in Estes Park to visit with family and rent out when we weren’t there. We’d put a large sum into savings for each kid and future kid. We’d pay off our parents and grandparents debts. We’d have more children (doing that anyways but it’s probably be even more if we were wealthy lol). I’d buy more pets and donate to shelters. We’d travel more. We’d tithe the adequate amount and support great causes. But as far as what life would look like to outsiders, it’d look the same. Lots of kids. Lots of land. Lots of pets. A homesteading and homeschooling, wholistic lifestyle of traveling every chance we can.
If there’s anything that you’re jealous of, what is it? Easy! I’m super envious of naturally tiny women. Girls who do not have to try at all to stay tiny. No diet. No work out. No calorie counting. Just naturally tiny framed and cute. Maybe in the next life π€·π»♀️
What is something that you love and hate about yourself? I love my lifestyle and family. Like, I’m deeply obsessed with my crew and our way of life. My family, home, ranch, Pets, friends, and way of life is everythinggggg. I also love my hair. I whine about maintaining the natural curls but really, my hair is long, ringlet curly, and thick. I love it. I hate my stretch marks. I’m not one of those moms who loves the marks because it shows my ability to carry babies. I’m obviously unendingly thankful for my capability to keep having babies but I’m not all that thankful for the claw marks.
What is your biggest pet peeve? I have 3! Smacking, people who copy others, and lying. Smacking is really quite rude. My toddlers learned how to chew food with their mouths closed early in life. I have a hard time with people that mimic everything that you do or post. I used to think that it was comical and flattering but as I’ve gotten older, It just makes me very sad for them that their life is so empty that they want to be just like someone else. You can always tell the level of misery that a person is feels if they are pretending to be just like someone else. I also dislike lying. It’s one of the most disgusting traits that a person can have. Why lie about your own actions? If you’re that ashamed of them, don’t do them. why claim to have things that you obviously don’t? Vehicles, acreage, creeks, ect. How embarrassing. Lying all around about anything is pathetic to me and in my opinion an illness if it’s reoccurring.
If there’s one thing that you will always be known for, what would it be? My love for being a mom and having kids. I can’t imagine the day when I’m not longer carrying or raising babies. I’d love to be 40 and still having children. We shall see π
Post a Comment