Search This Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2019

Sam’s Club Haul & Tips

Greetings blog friends, as promised in my last post today I’m going to do a quick Sam’s Club haul/tips post. As a family of six (and growing) buying in bulk is an absolute must for me. It not only saves me a few extra trips to the store each month but it also saves me a lot of money in the long run. Buying in bulk can be scary at first though. One, it seems like so much product and you worry that you won’t use it all — BUT YOU WILL! Two, it feels like you’re spending a shit ton of money — which you are —- buttttttt remember, it saves you money in the end! I did a price break down of all of the things that I bought on my very first Sam’s trip and I figured exactly how much the same about of products would have cost me else where. Every single thing aside from meat products saved me close to half! Not exaggerating. Half. For us, saving a damn dollar is worth it but saving hundreds? Yeah, you can’t beat that. I will never not buy in bulk again. Shampoo, conditioner, trash bags, snacks, wipes, diapers, razors, groceries, cleaning products, ect. There’s nothing that you can’t get in bulk there that won’t save you money. You can also order online and do a Walmart pick up situation so holla but honestly, shopping/checking out at Sam’s is a breeze. It’s so well organized and labeled. The employees load your items onto the belt, scan them, then load them right back into your cart and Y’all it’s so freaking fast! Seriously. 

On my last trip I loaded up mostly on Propel water, juice, snacks, toilet paper, ect since school has started again and we send a lot of snacks to school for my 3 older children but my next trip I think that I will load up on lunch items so that I can pack the kids lunches on days that they aren’t wanting what’s on the schools menu. 











Advice for a smoother trip:

-Price match items and figure for yourself what you are saving. Is it worth the cost of traveling to a Sam’s if you don’t have one locally? Is it cheaper somewhere else? Don’t forget to figure it in bulk so for example, you get a big box of pre packaged cheese it’s — figure what you’re paying per bag and match it to what you’re paying per page to buy it in smaller portions. Sam’s usually has the price per item listed on the price tag so that’s nice. 

-Get online and make a game plan for exactly what you’re wanting. Shopping in a warehouse setting can feel super overwhelming. It’s so much stuff. Don’t let yourself get overwhelmed. Look online first and make a list of your must haves. Stick to the list. 

-Make plenty of storage room in your vehicle prior to going shopping. Remember that you’re buying in bulk. Everything is jumbo sized ha. 


Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram