Written on April 25th:
(You can read Hudson’s birth story by searching ‘birth stories’ in my search bar)
Six years ago we welcomed our son into the world. His labor and delivery was my hardest yet but our lives were forever changed for the better. Hudson is wild, smart, onry, tough, and as ‘boy’ as it possibly gets. He is his daddy’s best friend and my weakness. I can’t hardly handle getting on to him and if his feelings are hurt, I feel sorry for whoever hurt them because I’m brutal. It’s a no no from me. I absolutely love having a son and the relationship that we have together as well as the relationship that Brian has with Hudson. We are so blessed and thankful. Hudson and I went on a lunch date today and I took him to pick out his cake and gifts. This is a tradition for us. One on one dates to eat then pick out their cakes and presents. They also pick what they want in me to make for dinner. The entire day is all about the birthday kid. We have family parties too on the weekend closest to their birthdays. Hudson picked a fish tank and glo fish for his room. He is so proud of them and excited about them. He named them all ‘Shark bait’ 😂😅
Written today:
My birthday follows Hudson’s and this year Brian went over board on me. Like, way way over board. He got my a new XL dryer to match my XL washer. He had us a new driveway built because our old one was long and so bumpy which I hated. He had our entry way built which is huge, beautiful, and a dream for me that I’ve talked about for two years. Until now we’ve been opening a gate every time that we leave and Brian didn’t want me to have to do that big pregnant in the winter. He also was concerned with me driving a super bumpy road pregnant so he went all out and took care of it all. He sent me to get my nails and eye lashes done. But my favorite of all HE GOT ME A MAILBOX! That probably seems dumb to most of you but we’ve lived in our house for going on two years and haven’t had a mailbox. We’ve gotten our mail at our parents houses. We didn’t want to put a mailbox in until we knew exactly where our entry way would end up. I have whined about how we aren’t even an official home without a mailbox. I just want the luxury of the UPS and Swaun’s men coming to my house to bring me nice things hahaha. But really, it was special to me to get a box. I ordered vinyl to customize our box and I will post the finished product of it and the entry way by Wednesday this week. We got one coat of paint on it all and will do one more tonight. I want to plant rose bushes on both sides before I share it with you all too. For now, here’s a in the process picture:
I feel super spoiled and blessed. My family had me a birthday party to make me feel special. My kids cleaned their play room and bedrooms plus made me cards. My loved ones got me hanging baskets and cards. My friends took me out last weekend. I’m just all in all extremely grateful and emotional about how blessed I am. Not to mention God’s big surprise to us, baby #5. Ugh. I can’t 😭😭😭
For Hudson’s birthday we had family over to play and ended the day going for a little swim in our creek. We love having something so fun and peaceful in our land. When we were dozing the new road we had the guy doze out an area on our creek where we can put picnic tables and a fire pit for entertaining. We just sprayed it all down yesterday and put out tick granules so we will be able to move the tables there this weekend and built the pit. It’s such a pretty area that’s shaded and comfortable. I say it all of the time but i am obsessed with our homestead. I couldn’t be more smitten and thankful!
Post a Comment