Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Netflix Recommendation — Marie Kondo: Tidying Up

Y’all!!! I am balls deep in purging/organizing my entire home. Entire. Home. If you haven’t watched Tidying Up with Marie Kondo on Netflix — it’s a must! It changed my life, not to sound too dramatic, but it did. It made me realize that clean doesn’t always mean organized. I’ve taken everything from every single nook and cranny (literally) out of it’s spot and went through it/am going through it. I’ve wanted to do this for awhile but watching her show got me to actually do it. My home is almost always ‘picked up’. It’s clean and tidy but it wasn’t as organized as I wanted it to be. I had clutter that drove me insane. Specifically in the closets. Not no mo. My closets are either empty because I’m sorting their contents or they are totally organized now. The cabinets and drawers? Same thing. I highly recommend watching Tidying Up yourself but here’s a review of what i learned from it: 
-how to decide what stays and what goes when purging your things. If it isn’t used regularly or it doesn’t spark joy when you see it, it needs rehomed. 
-How to fold clothes the right way and display items upright so that you can always see exactly what you have when opening a drawer or cabinet door.
-To cherish and greet your home as a gesture of respect. 
-To be grateful for/thank the items that you have and/or no longer need. 
-to organize things by category. Clothes. Books. Papers. Random. Sentimental. 
-Where to put item in your cabinets to serve you in the most functional way. 
And so much more. She’s very enlightening and humbling. 
I’m roughly 75% done with my whole home and I’m going to do a reveal of it A L L on Thursday. I regrettably didn’t take before pictures but the afters will speak for themselves. 
Again — go watch her show if you’re wanting a more organized and simple home. 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram