I hope that you guys had a safe and happy Halloween. We spent ours with family, as always but this year was undeniably sad. For as long as i can remember we’d go to my grandparents house in town and pass out candy. We’d trick or treat that neighborhood since we knew everyone from it but mostly we’d just hangout at my grandparents home. My papa would sit on the couch and ask us who every single person was that trick or treated. He wanted to know who they were and what they dressed up as. He loved Halloween. So much so that the only time that i can recall seeing his mom was on Halloween. She lived in Washington state and didn’t like to travel so it was special that she came to Oklahoma for Halloween that time. It was hard to do that night without him. Life is not the same. I didn’t put a lot into my kids costumes. This was the first time ever that they didn’t match. They picked what they wanted without any guidance from me. I didn’t do separate birthday parties for the girls. I did one big one. I dread thanksgiving and Christmas. I don’t put up with bullshit and i don’t stress about the petty stuff. I drop people from my life who do not make me a better person and i never look back. I say what i want and do just the same. Life is too short to worry about dumb things and the stuff that mattered (the big fancy parties and hundreds of dollars in costumes or party decor) doesn’t mean anything anymore. I will never be who i was before losing papa. I pretend like he’s still here simply to survive. I am a touch bitter and a lot harder than i used to be. It’s changed everything. It taints just about every action that i make because I’m constantly reminded of him and the loss of him.
Wow!
That went deep in no time flat so I’m going to reel myself back in and say that Halloween this year was emotionally uncomfortable for more reasons than one (not my news to share or business to go into the details). BUT the kids had a blast and we made sure that they couldn’t feel the oddities of life.
Eilee and i spent the day at the pumpkin Patch with hudson’s class the went to see my dad, my grandma rose, then headed to grandma Linda and Papa’s house in town. Brian took us out to eat but again, for the most part we just hung out at my grandparents and passed out candy.
Once Halloween is over we all know what that means... Signs of Christmas are coming in Hot so on November 1st i put my livingroom Christmas tree up, of course. I always put my Christmas stuff up right away after October. We do trees in every room pretty much so it’s no quick task. It’s a lot of work and we like to enjoy it for more than 1 month. Plus Christmas is just all around the most cozy and amazing holiday. I eat up all things Christmas. Period. I want it all and i want it for months. Yes, I’m one of ‘those’ girls. No shame in my elf game ha. If you’re like me and feeling the heat from the people acting like we don’t appreciate thanksgiving if we decorate early (what kind of doesn’t make any sense shit is that?) then I’m here to tell you — do what makes you happy! You are not hurting a damn soul by getting your holly jolly on before Thanksgiving.
Post a Comment