Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2018

Happy 2 Year Anniversary to My Blog — Q & A|Get to know me


Y’ALL the 2 year anniversary of my public blog is quickly approaching and since we will be in Florida for it, I’ve decided to do the anniversary post now. I have a lot of new followers since i did my last ‘get to know me’ so i thought that now was the perfect time to do a post letting the newbies get to know me better. I have our detailed ‘about us’ linked in the drop box so i won’t be talking about our story in depth. I will do a brief introduction though before i get into the Q and A. 


My name is Callee and I’m 28 years old. I live in a small town in Oklahoma on a farm with my husband of 9 years, Brian and our 4 children, Charlee (almost 7), Andlee (6), Hudson (5), and Eilee (1). I’m an eclectic witch who passionately believes in the power of God and the Universe. I live for my family and am blessed to have a close one. We are Shorthorn cattle ranchers but we also show them as a hobby. We have many other critters including Goldendoodles and Aussies that we breed/raise. We built our establishment from the ground up a year ago after selling the chicken farm that my husband built from the ground up 14 years ago and we are rapidly growing our new homestead. We have never really been dependent on store bought meats, produce, or poultry but that’s ended up growing greatly as a part of our increasing self reliant lifestyle. I wasn’t big into natural ways of life until i met Brian. I was the type of girl that enjoyed luxury over practicality. Look at me now ha. From raising/butchering our own meats to growing our own produce to harvesting our own eggs to only using water from our spring to making all of our own soaps and remedies to treat things, i find myself very engaged with all things homegrown/made. I’ll always be a sucker for trips to the city, beauty products, and Starbucks but I try to find balance in my holistic ways. We’ll probably never live an all natural life but my goal is to grow that part of us more and more with time. I’ve developed the same love for farming that my husband has had his entire life. I may even be more passionate about it than he is at this point. It’s extremely rewarding and the best way to raise children in my opinion. We love to spend time with our loved ones, garden, fish, hunt, travel, grill, bake, work the cows, go to the creek, hang out with friends, hike, and much more together as a family. Our world revolves around our families and it always will. 





1. Full name?

Callee Jo’Ann Lane

2. Zodiac sign?

Taurus 

3. 3 fears?

Someone that i love dying. Clowns. Not being a good enough wife and mom. 

4. 3 things I love?

I can’t just do three. My family, friends, and pets. My relationship with my husband. Seeing new places. Reading a good book. Photography. Making things homemade. Crafting and being creative. All things witchy or magical. Tattoos. Hair. Make up. Fashion. The beach. Googling conspiracy theories. Binge watching tv shows. Buying my kids clothes. The smell of fall. The looks of Christmas. Cooking things without a recipe. Nights at the creek with friends. Just to name a few 🤷🏻‍♀️

5. My best friend?

That’s hard. I have many best friends but my very best friend of them all is a package deal. It’s my parents followed closely by my husband. 

6. Character flaw?

I’m sure that i have many but the one that I’m the most aware of is that despite my deep passion for spreading love and light, i can be one of the biggest bitches ever if pushed to a certain point. It’s a rare point. Ninety-nine percent of the time I’m a very nice and positive person but I’m not perfect. I can be someone that you don’t want on your bad side. It’s not as severe as it was when i was younger but it’s something that’ll always be apart of me. I am full of fight if i need to be. I try hard to show grace though and even people who I’ve had it out with can’t honestly say that i didn’t try over and over to show kindness to them before hitting my breaking point. 

7. 3 Turn ons?

Brian being Brian. Three words count, right? 

8. 3 Turn offs?

Not being Brian. 

9. What color underwear I’m wearing right now? Light pink. 

10. How many tattoos/piercings do I have?

I have 9 tattoos with many more to come. I have 3 piercings. 

11. The reason I started blogging?

To document my life as a mom/my children’s lives in a format that i could easily search/access but also to share things with others in hopes that they’d relate to it and feel less alone as a wife, mom, or women. 

12. How I feel right now? 

Typically I’m a ray of sunshine (HA HA HA) but right now I’m a cranky bitch. I’m dealing with full blown mastitis on top of running my household, raising 4 kids, keeping up with errands/my duties, packing everyone’s stuff for a vacation, and being super hormonal for reasons that i won’t say just yet. 

13. Something I really really want? 

To be able to raise my babies in a safe world with people who are always honest and kind. 

14. My current relationship status?

Married for 9 years next week, been together for 10 years. 

15. My personality is like?

I’m blunt and generally light hearted. I’m a smart ass and have a dirty sense of humor. I cuss more than i should and laugh over the littlest things. I love with all of my heart and am all in when it comes to relationships. I’d kill and die for you. No questions asked. I have a fierce spirit and I’m not afraid to openly talk about my feelings on certain things. I’m rough to say the least but i have a huge heart for so many different people/things

16. My favorite movie?

The Greatest Showman takes the cake for that title but i have SO MANY FAVORITES. 

17. My favorite song?

Depends on my mood but one that always makes me have a rush of feels is This is Me from The Greatest Showman. 

18. My favorite band?

I don’t have one. 

19. 3 Things that upset me?

Injustice, self-centered people, child abuse/neglect

20. 3 Things that make me happy?

My family, the laughter of my loved ones, doing/making something on my own without reliance on anything or anyone else

21. What I find attractive in other people?

Transparency, a loving spirit, a mouthy/light hearted personality 

22. Someone I miss?

My papa Jerry

23. Someone I love?

My family

24. My relationship with my parents?

I have always had a very close relationship with my parents. I feel like I can share anything with them. They are my people. They always have my back and I am so grateful for everything that they have done for me.

25. My favorite holiday?

I love Halloween but Christmas wins. I love the meaning behind it, being together with the family and taking some time to appreciate one and other. It’s the most magical time of the year. What’s not to love?

26. My closest blogging friend?

Calyn Blackburn

27. Someone famous I’d date?

The Rock and I’d do more than date him 🤷🏻‍♀️

28. A confession?

I bite my nails and have my entire life

29. 3 Things that annoy me easily?

Loud chewing or slurping, fake people, grocery shopping. 

30. My favorite animal?

Do unicorns and mermaids count? Shit i love all animals but cats are probably my favorite 

31. My pets?

Hermione, Weasley, Luna, Wiggy, Mattie, Bella, Ginny, and Molly. 

32. One thing I’ve lied about?

Saying ‘I’m on my way’ when i actually just started getting ready. My friends know this about me by now so it’s more of an inside joke than a lie. Also my weight on my drivers license. ‘Why yes, Becky i still weigh what i did when i was 16. No changes there.’

33. Something that’s currently worrying me?

Getting over feeling this horrible asap. I loath being sick. Ain’t nobody got time for that. 

34. An embarrassing moment?

There are too many... But the worst is probably my child posting a photo of me half naked on my Snapchat story. I wanted to cry. 

35. Where I work?

I am a stay at home mom that sells natural wellness products at the moment but by the new year I’ll be working part time in a salon. 

36. Something that’s constantly on my mind?

Food. 

37. 3 Habits I have?

Nail biting, only drinking half of a cup of milk when i make it because i can only stand milk when it’s freezing cold, cussing

38. My future goals?

Finish school, pass my boards, start working part time, have a healthy baby or babies, be a surrogate, watch my parents grow old and be healthy, continue being a super involved mother, grow my blog, open my own salon, lose 20 lbs, filter out anyone from my world who isn’t authentic, and keep living my best life with my loves. 

39. Something I fantasize about?

Traveling to Scotland, Ireland, London, Italy, and Switzerland. It’s seriously my biggest dream in life to hit up all of those places on one long trip. 

40. My favorite store?

Target

41. My favorite food?

Lobster Mac and Cheese from Crabs in Pensacola Beach. 

42. What I did yesterday?

Laid on my ass and nursed all day trying to pull this clog out. Watched Shark week with my herd and enjoyed a totally chill, we have no plans at all, day. 

43. Something I’m talented at?

Anything crafty. 

44. My idea of the perfect date?

Realistic or fairytale? Realistic would be a good dinner and movie. Fairytale would be a mini vacation kid free to the Bahamas. 

45. My celebrity crush?

The Rock, Robert Downey Junior, Hugh Jackman, and Jason Momoa to name a few. 

46. My favorite blog?

There are so many beautiful blogs out there, it’s hard to pick just one. But if I have to pick one it would be Twist Me Pretty. I think her style is amazing and I really enjoy reading her posts.

47. Number of kids I want? 

Six is the realistic number but I’d love have more if we were rich. 

48. Do I smoke/drink?

 I can count on one hand how many times I’ve smoked in my life. I drink a few times a year but nothing regularly. 

49. One word that describes me?

Determined 

50. Any enemies? 

No. I really don’t have enemies. There’s people that don’t like me and like 3 people that i don’t like but i wouldn’t call them enemies. I would call them stupid. It takes a lot for me not to like someone. 


Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram