I DO NOT UNDERSTAND MY KIDS! Seriously, guys. I don’t get it. A month or so ago Brian asked me if we could go anywhere in the US, to pick it and we’d go. My first instinct was Washington/Alaska. Then i thought Maine would be amazing. However, i quickly realized that neither places are very kid friendly and they both are as far away from us as you can get which isn’t ideal when traveling with 4 young children. We’ve been to most other states in the US so we ultimately decided to go to Chicago, a beach on Lake Michigan, Madison Wisconsin, the Rainforest Cafe, ect since we hadn’t traveled there before. We booked our stay and i was counting down the days. The beach area on the lake is stunning. It looks like an actual beach/ocean but it’s better because there is no current or sharks. I was excited and looking forward to that get away. We were leaving June 27th. BUT THENNNN randomly yesterday Brian says, “Let’s just go to Disney World next week!”. I was shocked. He doesn’t like Disney World or Florida. He hates the heat and the crowds. He’s a mountain man through and through. Needless to say, i was beaming with an ear to ear smile. I actually cried over it. It’s been a shit show in my life and i needed a pick me up. If you read my recent posts you know that I’m currently experiencing a chemical pregnancy and that today marks a month since we lost my papa. My brother was in a scary wreck and my dad is in and out of the hospital again. We’ve had a horrible month. I really think that’s why Brian surprised me with the Disney World thing. He wanted to do something big that he knew would cheer me up. He is hands down the best! I get so emotional when i think about his love for me. I feel unworthy. Anyways, I called around and made sure that we could even get a room in Orlando and in Pensacola Beach. I started to pack. I ordered some last minute Florida needs/matching family Disney shirts online and had them 2 day shipped. I was pumped. But then i got to thinking about the details of a trip in mid June to one of the hottest places in the US. The lines for rides are hours. Only one adult can ride rides with one kid at a time because the other adult has to stay with the baby since she can not ride anything yet. Meaning, we’d be riding the same ride 3 times/waiting in line x3 just for all of our bigs to ride one ride. It’s blazing hot. I still breastfeed which sucks balls in the heat let alone tropical, stagnant heat in a packed crowd. It’s a 17 1/2 hour drive and flying is a no go for me with the kids. It’s just all around not practical at the ages that our kids are or with the month/weather there. We could just go to the beach for a week but that’s also not practical with little kids either. The current is scary so they wouldn’t be allowed in the water and they can play in the sand at home in their sand box. We would of just done 2 days at the beach if we went to Disney World too. We’d stay on a beach front resort so we can go in and out easily as needed to give the kids a sun break. But all in all i just don’t know if Florida is the smart thing to do. It broke me to do it but i shocked Brian and asked the kids without talking to Brian first to take a vote — “Disney or Colorado”. I wanted to let them decide so that i didn’t have the burden of them hating their vacation. If they don’t end up liking what they pick, that’s on them. Not me. Honestly, i thought they’d for sure scream Disney World and that I’d be able to let my practical mom mind go. It was their choice to go, after all. Joke was on me because without ANY hesitation they all 3 said Colorado. I tried to get them to change their minds. I tried to sway their choice. I pried and asked them why on earth they picked what they did. They said, “Because we’ve been to Disney World like a million times and we’ve only been to Colorado once!”.
What. The. Actual. Hell.
I’m 28 years old and could never get enough of Florida. It’s my spirit place. It gives me chills every single time that i walk down that middle street at Magic Kingdom and are the castle straight ahead. I choke up during the parades. I don’t blink during the firework shows. I am absolutely crazy about WDW. It is my top pick to travel to, hands down. I’m still holding out hope that the kids change their mind. After all, it’d be a birthday celebration for Eilee and Andlee just like it was for Hudson and I 2 years ago. It’d be perfect. I want to make my kids go so bad. I want to just say, “We are going to Florida and that’s, that.”. We will be leaving on Father’s Day evening to go on vacation but where that’ll end up being, who even knows. The OCD planning obsessed women in me is tripping out so bad over this. I hate going places last minute without a set plan but no matter where we end up, i know that we will have fun and it’ll be nice to get away.
Post a Comment