Search This Blog

Friday, June 8, 2018

Find You a Brian

 Brian and i have been discussing going alone on a mini get away to Florida for our anniversary in August which led us to go down memory lane about our relationship. The fact that it’s been 10 years in September blows my mind. I literally still get butterflies over him and when i think about all of our amazing moments. I’ll never forget him on his knees with tears in his eyes as he purposed. He walked me into his house and was telling me, “I’m so sorry that i lied to you. I feel so bad.”. I was sick. I thought he had done something bad. Nerves were going nuts in side of me. Then he said, “I wasn’t at work today. I was in Fayetteville having lunch with your dad.”. At this point we are walking towards the bedroom. When we hit the door way i see his bed made with a ring box on the pillow. You may not get the big deal about this so let me explain: Every single day i made Brian’s bed for him and mouthed off about how he was old enough to do it himself ha. The rest of his house was always spotless but his bed was never made. If you don’t know us, our relationship is light hearted and mouthy. We joke and flirt constantly. We pick on each other a lot so this was my way of picking on him. It was an inside joke kind of thing. Also, that bedroom was the first of many for us. The first kiss, first ‘i love you’, first night spent together, first baby made (our first angel baby), the first time crying together, ect. It was just a very special place to us. Anyways, he walks me into the room and sits me on the bed. He gets on one knee and says, “Today i asked your dad if i could marry you. We had lunch then i picked out a ring. I have never in my life felt what i feel for you. You drive me insane but in the same breath make me feel like i never really lived before i met you. You rock me like i didn’t know  that i could be rocked. I’m not sure about many things in life but you, I’m sure about. Marry me!”. 

He’s teared up and shaking. I’m bawling. I was shocked. We had talked marriage but i had no idea it was coming. I didn’t even look at the ring until after the kissing and hugging cry fest was over. I don’t think i ever even said ‘yes’ ha. I hadn’t told Brian much about what i wanted ring wise. I just told him that i wanted something small and simple. 

He said, “It was hard for me to find what i felt that you deserved. I spend 2 hours in the mall looking around for the one. I looked through microscopes at diamond clarity and quality. I looked at a hundred styles. I knew you wanted simple but simple didn’t seem like enough for you. It was hard. You deserve the best. But as i was about to give up a man stopped me from walking out of the store. He asked if i found what i was looking for and i said no. We got to talking and longer story short, he brought a ring out from the back. It was pretty, simple, your size, and perfect so i got it. I hope that you like it.”. 

Y’all IT IS FLAWLESS. It blew my mind how well he did. I even asked my mom if she told him what to get because i couldn’t believe how perfect it was. I never showed him a picture or anything. I just said simple. The ring never mattered to me so i didn’t get into details over it with him. I don’t like big or busy rings because i don’t really wear jewelry unless it’s a special occasion. Ultimately the ring didn’t mean shit. The man did. However, i will say that when i found the receipt a year later i about died. Six grand! He spent six thousand dollars on my ring. Not the wedding band. Just the ring. I’m not exaggerating. (It was actually $6k plus a few). I was so upset with him for doing that. I cried and cried. I would of rather not had a ring at all as have him spend that kind of money on me. He said that it turned out to be the most expensive simple one that they had but i was worth it. You have no clue how amazing this man is when it comes to the kids and i. He’s a mush for us. I was sick about it though. Obviously, it meant a lot and was sweet but still to this day i don’t wear my ring much because I’m scared to lose it. He keeps talking about adding another band for our 10 year but i feel like that’s wasted money on me. I doubt he listens though. I can see that spark in his eyes when he talks about it. He’s probably already purchased it, if i was a betting women. 

It seems unreal to relive those first year moments together. Falling in love was involuntary for us. It was fate and i believe that with everything in me. We grew up literally 100 yards from each other. Our families were neighbors and friends. My now mother in law baby sat my brother and i. My childhood adventures were partially on Brian’s family’s land. Brian will tell you to this day that his first time seeing me he told his best friend, Juke, that he was going to marry me someday. We hadn’t even spoken at that point. We didn’t date until a few months later. We have came through so many losses and hardships. I truly respect and love Brian more and more every single day. If you had told us 10 years ago that we’d be married with 4 kids (and adding more), we would have laughed at you. We both had other plans. But that’s how fate works, you get slapped with it when you’re least expecting it. 

As always, I’m transparent so you all know that we had our struggles but I’m serious when i say, find you a Brian. Find you someone whose love has no limits. Find a love that is worth fighting for. You don’t really know the strength of a marriage until you’ve watched your spouse fight unconditionally for you. It gives you an entirely new passion and respect for them. It reminds you that they are in this for you and only you. They are in it because their love for you is everything to them. 

Find you a man who takes silly family pictures with you, wears matching family outfits, and looks at you like Brian looks at me.





















Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram