Recently i made my first post about being a witch. I have spent a very long time wanting to open up about it. It’s been hard to exclude it from everyone. I debated how I’d “come out of the broom closet” more times than you can imagine. A Facebook post, Instagram post, a video, Snapchat, a book but the blog just seemed the right way to go for this. Blogging is a great outlet to put my mind and heart out there so that’s what i did. It’s a way to deeply and cautiously type out your thoughts. Proof read them. Sit on them in the drafts folder until you’re ready to post it live. Reread it over and over to make sure that you didn’t leave anything out. It’s just a good way to go.
My blog has mainly revolved around motherhood and being a wife but in general, it’s based on my life/who i am as a whole/advice that i want to share ect. Being a witch is a huge part of me just as being a mom, wife, daughter, friend, etc is. I’m excited to share this part of me with you. My goal from this is to open minds about witches and witchcraft. Also to help any people out there questioning themselves or their craft. If you’re resonating with anything that i said in my last blog or my future blogs in this topic, reach out to me. Please. I’m happy to help you. I know that i will be judged for this by some people. But what are we not judged for ha? Whether it’s being anti vaccines or pro vaccines. Whether it’s breastfeeding until 3 years old or not breastfeeding at all. Whether it’s being a married mom or a single mom. Whether you have no kids or 10 kids. Whether you are a working out of the house mom or stay at home mom. The list is endless. We are all judged. It’s life. It’s inevitable. I’ve learned that over time. You can literally stay at home in your own little world raising your kids and keeping to yourself and people will still talk about you. Even if you don’t give them something to talk about, they’ll make something up. I’m a big girl. I can handle my own just fine 😉
Witchy things will be a new common topic on the blog. I’ll be doing posts to give you a deeper insight to the craft (my craft, i can’t speak for other witches). For today’s topic it is — how I knew that i was a witch!
All of my life stuff happened that was not “normal”. I’d have dreams of very specific things that would end up coming true. I saw things and heard things that others did not. I would wake up from a dead sleep to hot breath on my neck as a mans voice spoke in a language that i did not know. I would have full blown conversations with people that had passed away whether in a dream or in my bed room while i was awake. I was fascinated with all things supernatural and magical. My 3rd grade book report was over witches. My senior research paper was over the Salem witch trials. My mom thought that i was crazy. She actually had me see doctors over it ha. It wasn’t until my brother, our friends, and eventually my mom would see dark figures standing in front of my bedroom door that mom realized that i wasn’t nuts. One time my brother saw a figure coming after me so he screamed at me to get out of the house. He said that he got the feeling that it wanted to harm me. Needless to say, i attracted spirits because i was sensitive to them. I attracted good and bad presences. The bad scared me. I was still running terrified to my parents room when i was 18 years old! After i got married I’d cry to Brian over it. He was a huge skeptic about all things supernatural. He simply did not believe in that “fairytale bullshit”. Ten years with me obviously changed him though. I no longer channel bad spirits. I learned how to guard myself and my home from them. I do pick them up when they are near but i simply refuse to communicate with them or let them near. I would also have premonitions of people dying before they’d die. Sometimes it’d just be the family of the person who died that I’d see. Other times I’d see the actual person. I knew things that i shouldn’t know. I could feel other people’s feelings and call it in great detail. I had major empathy and literally felt what other peoples were feeling without even knowing them or speaking to them. I could pick up on their vibes and aura. I have mastered that skill greatly, to be honest. It’s my biggest gift. I can read someone like a book instantly. I can sense lying, emotions, thoughts, vibes, evil, ect. I have a deep connection with what’s inside of people. All around I’m just extremely in touch to all things spiritual and out of this word. I’ve always felt like there’s more to life than what we see. Being a Christian that’s what most of the faith revolves around. Believing that there’s more out there. Believing in God although we can not see him. Trusting our relationship with him and what he tells us even though he’s not physically there.
These things are what led to me realizing that i was a witch. I couldn’t ever find a label to who i was and why i had all of these things happening in me. They didn’t make sense. I felt like an outsider. I wasn’t open about it because people have a hard time believing what they do not understand. So when a friend started to talk to me about her journey as a witch it hit me like a train, i am a witch. In one massive moment i made sense for once. My life made sense. Who i am made sense. It was one of the most empowering experiences of my life. It was like my spirit had found its place. You can not know what I’m explaining unless you’ve been there. It was simply amazing. I drove head first into growing my craft. I researched things. Tried things. Like my energy draw me to things. I resonated with several different paths. I’m always learning and changing as a witch. I pray constantly in my practice. I use crystals and moon power. I respect the elements, animals, and nature. I meditate. I write spells and set strong intentions. I draw all of my power from God and know that he is who gave me this gifts. He is why magic works and things come true. Despite the deep belief that witchcraft is satanic, it is NOT! At worst it’s a sin to some. There is great room for interpretation as far as the Bible’s word on it goes. Call me something else and I’m doing no wrong by the Christian faith. That’s hypocritical! I do not feel personal conviction for being a witch. I do not feel guilty or wrong. I do not feel like God looks down on me for it. I feel whole. I feel ‘me’. This is who i am. This is what i do. This is how i was born. That’s why i know that I’m where I’m meant to be. That’s how i knew that i was a witch.
I am in a few local groups about this kind of thing and have made so many new witch friends. It’s amazing to be apart of this community. I’ve helped many women come to find themselves as witches just as my friend Calyn helped me. It’s wonderful. That being said, if you have any questions at all please contact me. I’m an open book and will answer anything that i can.
Also if anyone wants to know specific details drop me your questions and I’ll answer them all in a blog post.
Post a Comment