Search This Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Eilee Leighton is TEN MONTHS OLD




We are in double month digits, y’all. I’m freaking out. My emotions are insane. I don’t know why this is so hard on me but it is. I cringe at the thought of Eilee turning a year old and no longer being an “infant”. I think it’s partly an I’m older thing so i see time differently now but also as a veteran mom i know all to well what’s coming. The fighting and gripping. The preschoolers who think that they know it all. The drama. Don’t get me wrong i love many aspects of my bigs ages but it’s also the mouthiest age yet so I’m at my wits end some time. 


Eilee Lou is 18 1/2 lbs and 30 1/2” tall. She has 8 teeth and fully into baby led weaning. She’s picky about textures though. She won’t eat noodles or anything sticky/chunky like that. She nurses every 2-3 hours during the day and none at night. She still sucks her thumb all the time and i still think that it’s adorable. She learns and changes everyday. She’s very vocal. Veryyyyy. She’s always talking and making new sounds. She’s loud about it too. I have no clue where she gets that ha. She says mama, dada, daddy, bubba, papa, baba, dog, ball, and bye. She can sign eat, more, and milk. She waves bye-bye, claps her hand, gives high-fives, snorts, gives hugs/kisses, blows spit bubbles, and dances (she bounces up and down when you ask her to dance). She can pull up and stand briefly unassisted. She’s tried to take steps more times than i can count but she always falls before she makes it to the 2nd step. She loves other babies. I swear they have their own little language because she goes to town chatting when she makes a new baby friend. She is officially a fit thrower. Like, kicking her legs and throwing her head back kind of fits. My mom was lucky enough to witness one in Incredible Pizza this week. I fear for my future already. Eilee is crazy about being outside. When the wind blows in her face she closers her eyes and giggles. It’s cute. She recently decided that she doesn’t like dogs anymore. They lick and she’s not about that life. This month has went by faster than the others. Maybe it’s all of the April birthdays in our family plus Easter and the teacher walk out so i had all of the kids at home for 2 weeks which threw our schedule off. I’m not sure but i do know that I’m officially waist deep in birthday party and family/birthday picture planning. I can’t believe it’s so close 😭 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram