Recently i did a Spring clothes haul for the kids. I noticed that some of our favorite stores were having big sales so i took advantage of it seeing as all 4 kids are in different sizes then they were last Spring and the weather here has become increasingly more mild. When it comes to having kids (especially kids in school who constantly ruins their clothes, we will get to that) I’m sure that I’ll need to buy more clothes for Summer at some point but for now, they are set. I bought from 4 places, all of which were having some sort of sale — aside from Amazon. Target is having a BOGO on dresses. The Children’s Place is having 60% off of the entire store. Carter’s is having 50% off of the entire store plus doorbusters. If you have kids, check out the sales. I got 3 new wardrobes basically for around $375. The baby had plenty of onesies and pajamas so she didn’t need an entire wardrobe haul.
Anyways, to the point of this post: a Facebook conversation last week brought up the topic of how much kids trash their clothes at school. I learned quickly to not send my kids to school in expensive clothes. For a long time that frustrated me. I was always the mom who had her kids dressed super cute and in nice clothes. Dressing my kids is actually something that i enjoy. It’s my favorite. I have an addiction to buying clothes for my kids and i love kids fashion. Dressing the girls, to be more specific. I LOVE being a girl mom and dressing them up all girly with matching outfits and bows. I love the jewelry. The nail polish. The glitter. The fluff. The frills. I just love it all and would totally be okay with having a 4th girl ha. So obviously, having my girls covered in paint and dirt drove me nuts. Ruining $80-$100 dresses drove me nuts. Losing expensive hair bows drove me nuts. And them swapping shit with other kids? Don’t even get me started on the girls constantly coming home with other girls hair bows because they “traded JoJo bows for the day” with so and so. Ugh. Drives me insane not only for the obvious yuck, lice reasons but also because if you have girls you know how expensive those JoJo bows are. I’m doing better with the not dressed to impress stage of life that we are in. I have a method to simplify my life and save my sanity.
The kids have 2 categories when it comes to clothes. They have ‘school cloths’ which are folded in their drawers and they have ‘dress clothes’ which are hung up in their closets. School clothes are new-mildly wore cheap clothes that they wear to school or to play outside. Dress clothes are for special occasions, pictures, dates, parties, ect. I always send spare clothes too just to be safe because we’ve had a few times when a kid peed their pants or spilled syrup on themselves and needed to change. It’s much easier for the school to have extra clothes for them rather than me having to take clothes to the school. There were a few days when i had to run to school twice in one day. Brian and i laughed about it later but at the time waking the baby up, getting us both dressed, and driving to town within 4 hours of each other was frustrating.
I hope that these current sales and tips help some of you and if anyone has any more tips on this topic please feel free to share them. I’m always open ears when it comes to making my life easier.
Post a Comment