Search This Blog

Monday, January 15, 2018

Snow Day

Picture above from our very first snow in the new house. The Christmas decor made it even more amazing. Pictures below are from today. 



Today is my definition of a perfect day weather wise. It’s snowy and I’ve spent all morning drinking hot chocolate as i watch the snow fall out of our big windows. When we listed our farm for sale almost 2 years ago and knew that we’d be building a home one of the first ‘must haves’ was a big window wall in our living room for me to watch the snow fall out of. That was specifically what i said and was my only reason for wanting a lot of windows. To watch snow. I wanted to have a little slice of an Alaskan cabin right here in Oklahoma. Today is heaven. Beans in the crock pot, a fire burning, drinking warm drinks, snow coming down heavily, cuddled up in pajamas, and Alaska: The Last Frontier marathon playing. My house is one of my favorite places to be. It’s so perfect and homey. It makes me feel peaceful. Everyone who has been here says, ‘It feels like home.’. It’s just that warm and inviting any time but add weather like this to it and I’m shook. It’s truly my little Alaskan paradise right now and I’m totally pretending that I’m there. I enjoy winter as long as there’s snow. Snow is magical to me and takes my breath away. I’d take a snow day over a warm day, 100%. I’m obviously obsessed with it ha. Can it just be snowy and cozy forever?! 


Wherever you are or what ever you’re doing i hope that you’re enjoying the atmosphere as much as i am. Try to find the beautiful in the simple things, like a snowflake ❄️ 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram