Search This Blog

Friday, January 5, 2018

Rant Time: Breastfeeding Remarks



Welp it happened! For the first time someone made a comment about Eilee being too old to nurse. We were at the OB’s office waiting to be seen and a lady said to me, “Your baby is cute. She looks awfully old to still be eating boob though.”.... 

FIRST OF ALL MATE, she’s only 6 months old! 

Second of all, i know that she’s bigger than most 6 months old but I’m damn proud of that. I’m the source of every single nutritional benefit that she’s received. I DID THAT! By myself. 

Thirdly, so what if she’s 6 YEARS old. It’s none of your business twat face. Mind your own tits. 


Seriously guys, PSA:

It’s NEVER appropriate to make comments to a mother on her choice to breastfeed. You can have an opinion about it. That’s fine. But you have zero right to make remarks to a mom about it. I’ve experienced nursing in public shame. That’s not new for me. But i wasn’t prepared for comments on how old Eilee is. Not at all. Babies should be breast or formula fed until atleast 1 year old. Atleast! The World Health Organization recommends breastfeeding until the age of 3! Our goal is 2 but I’m open to going until 3. I’d love that actually. Incase you can’t do math that’s 30 months from now! I think that it’s absolutely absurd that anyone has the nerve to talk to others about how long they breastfeed, how many kids that they have, how they dress themselves, what they do for a living, how clean their house is, ect. Please folks for the love of God mind your own business! I’ll nurse in public without a cover as long as a please. I’ll nurse my daughter as long as I please. I’ll tandem nurse her and Baby #5 as long as I please. Honestly, i feel bad for moms who don’t breastfeed. I feel bad for people who have to make bottles or pack around formula, water, and bottles. You judge me for nursing my 6 month old and I’ll laugh at you because i have it easier than you do. 


That is all! 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram