Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Immune Health

Most of you know that my dad is medically fragile. He’s autoimmune deficient and ends up in the hospital for weeks if he catches a simple cold or gets a minor UTI. Like, it could easily kill him. My family does not vaccinate. Slowly my entire family has shifted to not vaccinating (parents and grandparents) because of bad reactions that they’ve personally had. Some Vaccines shed and those vaccinated can become asymptotic carriers of the illnesses that they are vaccinated for which puts their peers at obvious risk. Vaccines also compromise/weaken the body’s natural immune system and do not provide life long immunity (hints why there are so many boosters required). There are a million and one reasons that we don’t vaccinate but I’m not getting into that today. I mentioned it become some people instantly assume that if you don’t vax, ‘you must just want your child to get sick’. That’s ignorant. Get the fuck out of here. Seriously! No one wants their child to get sick! I was a germ freak when i did vaccinate. I was a germ freak before i even had kids. I’m a HUGE believer in good hygiene, hand washing, proper nutrition, etc as forms of germ control and disease spread. Knock on wood, it’s worked for us. We have had very minor illnesses. We aren’t sick much at all actually. Not since we stopped vaccinating and started naturally building our immune systems. I get asked often what our methods of building our immune systems are so I’m going to share those things now. 


-Call us old fashion but dirt exposure and playing outside is a huge part of our lives. We are always getting dirty in the barns, riding four wheelers, fishing, hunting, planting gardens, playing with pets/livestock, ect. 


-Daily multi vitamins and probiotics. Gut health is huge for fighting off bugs. The healthier your guts are, the stronger they are to fight off diseases. For the kids we use Garden of Life probiotics and Plexus multi vitamin. For Brian and I we use Plexus ProBio 5 plus Bariatric Advantage multi vitamin. I’ve tried a variety of products and I’m always on the hunt for something ‘better’ but i have been pleased with these. 


-Daily doses of elderberry syrup. You can buy it at a health food store or online. I’ve recently started making my own elderberry syrup. Elderberry is extremely helpful to immune building as well as to supporting good health in general. 


-Vitamin C protocol. If we do get sick we do an instant round of vitamin c in high doses. You can find details about this protocol online. I swear by this. Eilee, Charlee, and i had bronchitis that ended up being super minor. I truly believe it’s because of the vitamin c. 


-As mentioned hand washing and hygiene places a big part in our life too. Yes, we get down and dirty outside but in public place, before we eat, after we potty, before we cook, basically 50 times a day we hand wash/sanitize obsessively. 


-Lysol and/or bleach toys and surfaces. I also do it to the cars. Door handles are my first focus. Obviously these aren’t organic disinfectant methods. I’m still in the transition of going more natural. I make a lot of my own household products but I doubt I’m ever ALL natural. I struggle with the effectiveness of vinegar vs bleach. I still use small amounts of bleach because it’s the most effective. 


-Run a disinfectant through our air purifier. I get ours from Rainbow. It’s what they use in hospitals. Also not organic but it does the job the best. 


I hope that these tips helped someone and if any of you have any questions please feel free to ask me. 


Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram