In less than 2 weeks our home is in the Holiday Home Tour. If you have young kids you can imagine how hard it is to keep things tidy and ‘staged’. I’ve redecorated our trees multiple times, had to repurchase center pieces because they’ve gotten “lost”, found decor in toy boxes, etc. I have also found things online that i just had to have so i paid rush shipping on them and I’ve added/am still adding things to the trees. I’m to the point that I’ve decided to put the rest of finishing touches up last minute because kids make it impossible to keep things neat. We always decorate for Christmas so this is a struggle each year but the difference is that we didn’t have a large amount of people touring every single room in our home in the past. Yes, they even tour the laundry room. If things weren’t picture perfect, it was fine. If things were misplaced, oh well. If the trees had balls clustered at the bottom or missing in big spots, it didn’t matter. This project is very fun for me but a little more overwhelming than i expected solely because of the kids. It’s hard to keep up with it all when you have 3 kids undoing things. Their rooms are the biggest challenge. They want to redecorate their trees over and over every single day. If we get asked again to do this i will probably pass ha. Not because i didn’t love decorating and preparing for the tour but because it’s been hard with mini tornadoes blowing through multiple times a day. Really though, it’s been so much fun and I’m very thankful to have been asked to do it.
Anyways, i can’t share our Christmas decorations in full until the tour is over but i will share a tiny sneak peek. Stay tuned on December 3rd for a FULL home tour post.
Post a Comment