My mom is an intern so she's able to be with Hudson during the day some days and also able to keep a close eye on the girls. She told me that Hudson never once missed a beat and listened super well to the teachers. Shocking ha. He's usually not the best listener. He's onry and does his own thing but he listens great to anyone that isn't me so I know that I must be doing something right. Anyways by 11 am I had gotten not one but TWO phone calls from the school. Hudson threw up during recess and Andlee broke her shoe. Thankfully Hud isn't sick and had just played too hard. Brian and I died laughing after we got the second call. It came about 20 minutes after the first one. That's the beat to our life. Total chaos. It's comical. I had just pulled into Siloam Springs (which is 35 minutes from our house) to pick up my online shopping grocery haul and to get a new cell phone when the school called about Hudson. Brian works 20 minutes from the school so neither of us could get there quickly but my father in law works near the school and my grandma lives a block from the school. My father in law, Perry, is who ended up getting Hudson for us until I could get back to town. I already knew that bub wasn't sick so I didn't need to take him to the doctor because the nurse at the school said that he was just fine when he got to her office and my mom had been with him all morning so she knew that he was feeling fine. We all agreed that it was a heat/activity thing. My father in law also said that he seemed perfectly fine. Once I got back to town and picked up Hudson I asked him a million questions about his day. I teared up listening to him talk about he. He just looked and sounded like such a big kid. It was the first time ever that I looked and him and felt like he wasn't a baby anymore. I mean, they'll all be my babies until the day that I die but this was the first time that he didn't seem so little anymore. He loved school. He told me, "Mommy I had to leave before I got to make you a picture. I'm so sorry but I promise that I'll make you one tomorrow.". Like really?! How freaking sweet is that. He didn't care about getting sick. He only cared about making me a picture. He couldn't wait to go back to school.
The girls had great days. They told me all about their new friends and even remembered their friends names. Charlee was reunited with her best friend from last year. She has 3 of my friends kids in her class so that's awesome. It's nice to know your kids friends parents. She also has Ryker in her class which is a kid that she's been around constantly since birth.
Andlee usually makes boy friends but I'm happy to say that she actually made two girl friends yesterday. She's a lot like boys in the sense of being very tough and playing rough but she's extremely girly in the sense of baby dolls and dressing up in pretty clothes. I was happy to hear that she made more girl friends already. I got pictures throughout the day of them from their teachers plus had my mom sending me updates. It definitely gives me peace having so many people that I know caring for my kids plus having my own mom around.
Today drop off was depressing for me in a different way. Not because they cried. Not because they needed me and wanted me. But because they were excitedly in their rooms so fast that they didn't even tell me 'goodbye'. Literally this is how it went, I walked all 3 of them into the kindergarten building. The girls took of running as soon as we walked into the door. Charlee ran to her class. Andlee ran to hers. They did not look back. They did not hold hands. They did not care that they were in separate rooms. They did not check to see if I was coming. By the time I made it to their room door ways Charlee was hanging her back pack under her cubby and Andlee was telling her teacher 'Good Morning!'. I went into each of their classes and kissed then hugged them bye. This all went down within a 2 minute time frame if that. Then it was Hudson's turn. I stuck my hand out to hold his hand and he grabbed it but as quick as his hand hit mine he jerked his away. I asked him if he was to cool to hold my hand now and he laughed then grabbed it again. We walked to his class. He walked right in and didn't look back. He took his bag to it's spot and I had to tell him bye like 5 times because he was busy with other things. He wasn't paying attention to me. He could of cared less. Drop off today was so fast. I got back to my car and just sat there for a bit crying around about how un needed that I felt.
However as sad as it is for me to feel like my babies are so independent I'm extremely thankful that they love school and don't cry for me. That makes things a million times easier.



Post a Comment