Search This Blog

Thursday, August 17, 2017

The 1st Day of School: K-4 for Hudson & Kindergarten for Charlee & Andlee



 Today my bigs all 3 went to school and as much as I thought that I was handling it well, it all hit me hard this morning. I can't believe that we are at this point in life when my babies are in school. I miss them already. I miss the giggles. I miss the crazy stories. I miss the silly games. I miss their noisiness. Hell I even miss the fighting. I'm not empty nest material. Not even a little bit. I know that I still will have Eilee at home but it still doesn't make up for not having ALL of my babes at home. I know that I'll enjoy the days alone with her but it's definitely going to be a huge adjustment going from 4 to 1.
Drop off went really good. My mom and niece were there so they went with us. Charlee was first. She fussed for literally 30 seconds and the teacher was able to distract her. Next we walked Andlee across the hall to her room. She did perfectly. She was ready to stay and didn't miss a beat. Once we were done dropping them off at their rooms we took Hudson to his room. I began to cry walking up the ramp into his building. I can't believe my baby is in school. He walked right into that room like he had done it all of his life. He seriously didn't flinch. He started playing Legos and told us 'good bye'. What a big boy! What big kids! I'm so impressed with them. We passed the girls on their way to breakfast. They were all smiles and very comfortable. I pray that everyday goes smoothly. I text the kids teachers as soon as I got back to the car and checked on them. I'll be texting them all day. I hope that they have a wonderful day. I can't wait to pick them up. Just like last year I'm sure I'll be at the school pathetically early to pick them up. I'll post tonight how everything went. Hopefully I don't cry too much today. 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram