Search This Blog

Thursday, August 3, 2017

My Tip For Less Stressful School Mornings

Last year with 2 kids in school, a toddler at home, and being an overly tired pregnant gal I realized fast just how stressful/rushed mornings can get. If I had kids who woke up early and ready to start their day that would of been one thing but my kids have always been late sleepers. They've all 3 slept 8-12 hours a night since birth (aside from me waking them to eat as babies). They sleep in late and 2 of them are bears if you wake them up before they are ready. We tried to create a new routine during the summer as school neared by getting them up at 6:45 am but it didn't help create a natural schedule change in their bodies. Mornings were still awful! However, I saw this awesome idea on Facebook to help simplify things a tad. My kids were still buttholes when I got them up but getting them ready went a million times faster after I created our weekly outfits dresser. 
I purchased these plastic dressers at Walmart for $20 each. Each dresser has 3 drawers so you'll need 2 to complete the week. I use the 6th drawer for shoes to match each weeks outfits but you can use it for whatever you'd like. I made the labels myself with card stock and a sharpie. Both of which I already had around the house so that was easy peasy. At our old house I had the dresser set up in our laundry room but at our new house I decided to set it up in my bedroom for now due to me wanting to keep the laundry/mud room clutter free. My kids are all still small enough that their clothes don't take up much space there fore I can use one dresser for all 3 kids and still have a ton of room to spare but yesterday morning I saw plastic dressers online in pretty colors so I ordered 4 more of them for the girls. The kids will each have their own set of weekly outfit dressers in their rooms once the new ones get here. I'll update this post with those pictures by the end of the week. 


 

 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram