{Written on August 6th, 2017}
Most of you know that we almost lost my dad last Fall/Winter. It was the hardest thing that I've ever went through by far. Just the thought of life with out him gave me constant anxiety attacks that were so severe I seriously couldn't breath. We truly feared that we'd be having a funeral before we would ever see my parents make it to the big 3-0 but I praise God endlessly that we saw today and I pray endlessly that we see them make it 30 plus more years. Shortly after my dad came out of a coma my mom realized that their 30th anniversary just happened to be on a Sunday. If you know my parents you know that they are deeply involved with their church. They were the youth pastors for many years and have strong ties to Mt. Hermon's people. My mom knew that she wanted to have a vow renewal in front of their family and friends so for months she's been planning a SURPRISE anniversary celebration for my dad and her. It was such a beautiful service. She got in front of the church and preached a sermon about God using the church family and my dad as a miracle. She talked about their marriage and the influence that God had on it. I seriously saw 4 grown men around me crying during it. I was bawling. She was bawling. The lead singer of the band was bawling when she got up to sing a song that my mom requested. My family members were bawling. It was a very deep and emotional service but it was amazing. My parents are without a doubt true inspiration. They are why Brian and I made it through the hard times of marriage. They refused to let us give up and counseled us through it. We still both turn to them when we need marriage or life advice. My dad will tell you that they adopted Brian when he married me. Brian texts my dad and calls my mom when he can't figure me out ha. They are just an incredible couple. I know many couples who turn to them for help. I'm so thankful to have them and to of been apart of their beautiful wedding redo today.



Post a Comment