
We moved in prior to everything being 100% finished so it's still a work in progress but the down stairs is completely done aside from hanging sheer curtains in the kids rooms and getting wall decor for my dining area. The curtains are here I just haven't hung them and the dining room wall decor should be here any day. The sign that was my must have back ordered so I've had to wait for it to come back in stock which finally happened on Friday. The upstairs is not finished because Brian, my dad, and Brian's papa decided that they wanted to build the railing together. It's taken them longer than it would have taken the builders but you can't beat how special it'll be to have that in our home. Between my dad doing the electric so his hand writing is all over our electric panel to Brian, dad, and Claud building the staircase railing to my mom painting some of the kids rooms with me and decorating the nursery as a surprise to my uncle and aunt having done the flooring in our main living area, we have our families touches all over our entire home. It's what makes the fact that this house is our forever home so amazing and so sentimental to us. It's stuff that we will look back on and always have an emotional connection with. It's why Brian and I never felt like this house wasn't our home. The first night here I didn't sleep good because it was a new atmosphere plus I was 9 months pregnant in prolonged labor but as far as it being 'home', it's always just felt right. Our hearts and souls as well as our families handy work is everywhere here. When we moved out of our old house and into the cabin it was awful. For a few weeks we didn't sleep because we felt so uncomfortable. In the 5 months that we lived in that cabin it never once felt like home. I hated it. We've never regretted our choice to sell our old farm despite that home being our first house together because selling relieved us of chicken house stress and gave us the opportunity to be debt free but of course it was a sentimental place that I never thought anywhere else would be as special as. However, with time I realized that it was just buildings. The memories made there and the people who lived there were what made it so special. It wasn't the property itself. Everything is truly a million times better now that Brian can actually live life and not be constantly worried about the chicken farm or his livelihood. Selling gave him his life back. The freedom, relaxation, and dramatically increased time with us that Brian gained are things that are priceless and why we didn't regret the sell but living in that cabin never felt good. I was so ready to get into the new house and now that we are in I'm on cloud 9. This is home and when I look around I'm so thrilled that this is where we are raising our babies. It feels like every inch was made just for us because well, it was ha. It's a home and a farm that we've created from the ground up together as a family. Not just the house but a farm too. This week we dozed timber to give us better views and started building fence, building an entry way, and building a barn for all of our animals and future animals. Part of it will be stalls and part of it will be for training our show cattle. We have cattle, horses, donkies, a pony, chickens, ducks, and dogs. As soon as the barn is built we will raise goats and pigs. We also have a company coming next Thursday to chain link in the back yard for the kids. I'm doing 5' tall black chain link for extra safety and because one day I want to get a Great Dane ha. He will need a taller than average fence. It's amazing to watch our visions come to life and to be working on the things that we day dreamed about for a long time now.
Anyways back to the upstairs, once the railing is done the carpet will go down and furniture can be moved in. I've already decorated the walls up there and the only furniture that's going up there is a white crib, a purple dresser, a rustic TV stand, and a white kids table with 4 chairs that I painted the top of with chalkboard paint. It'll be an hour tops deal to move stuff in up there and Brian and I can do ourselves. I will do a detailed home tour post as soon as it's all finished. I'm so glad that y'all have followed this journey with us and I hope that you continue to follow it as we expand our homestead.
Post a Comment