Search This Blog

Monday, July 10, 2017

Eilee & I's Post Birth Update: One Week

(I wrote this on Thursday but am a few days behind posting it.)


I can't believe that our baby girl is a week old. I feel like she's changed and grown so much already even though she's still smaller than her birth weight. I look at her and just start bawling because I don't want these moments to pass. I want to keep her a baby forever. I want to keep all of my babies little forever. Ugh, all of the sappy mom feels are full force. Anyways on to the update:
Our first week at home has been a change for sure. The bigs are so obsessed with their sister. They hover her and constantly want to hold her. They are very helpful and always asking what they can do for me. It's the sweetest and most unexpected thing. I truly thought that we'd have jealousy issues. I thought that the baby would be irrelevant to Charlee and Hudson but I was so wrong. Hudson is the one who is the most crazy about his sister. Charlee is such a big girl. She's mature and thoughtful of Eilee. She says 50 times a day, "I just love Eils so much!". Andlee is well, Andlee ha. She's wild and loud. She wants to be a little momma but is rough. She's definitely my child. I'm a loud, rough kind of person. My mom style is tough love for the most part. That's Andlee, God bless her. She means well and has the biggest heart. She's just not a gentle kind of gal. We make it work though. 


 
As for my part of this update, I'm doing great. I've stopped bleeding and no long have after birth contractions. My hips and lower back are still a little sore/stiff but not bad at all. I've lost 14 lbs since the day before Eilee was born. I have 20 more pounds to lose to reach my goal. Such an exciting number for me to hit seeing as I started this journey a year ago with 100 lbs to lose to reach that goal. Emotionally I'm doing well. I do find myself sad that my pregnancy is over and that time is going so fast. I'll randomly cry over that. But other than those topics which I knew would be hard for me my hormones are mellowing out. I'm not a bawl bag over everything under the sun like I was. Brian tells me, "There's my bad ass Callee. I've missed her." ha. 

Five days post partum:

Seven days post partum (far from perfect but keeping it real is important to me):


 
Eilee is the sweetest little thing. She grins constantly so we call her Smiley Eilee. She weighs 6 lbs 13 oz. She is extremely alert and awake more than any other newborn that I've ever met. The first few days she wanted to nurse 24/7 but once my milk came in it made a huge difference. She wakes up on her own to eat. That's new for me. My other 3 slept like rocks and had to be woken up to be fed. They were amazing sleepers who I had to check on constantly because they slept so long and hard. Eilee, not so much ha. She wants to be held or close to me. She's a major mama's girl and I adore it. She LOVES to eat. She is seriously the best nurser in the world. She latched the first try right after birth and has never once fought it since then. I'm so blessed in that area. I specifically prayed my whole pregnancy that I'd have a long term, amazing breastfeeding experience with this baby and I can tell already that I have that with Eils. All in all we are doing amazing. I'm so thrilled to be a family of six and to be enjoying the rest of our summer without added stress of preterm birth and building a house. 


 

 

 

 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram