Search This Blog

Friday, July 28, 2017

Our Colorado Vacation

A week ago today Brian randomly said, "Let's go to Colorado or the beach for our anniversary and leave tomorrow!". At first I thought he was joking but right away I realized that he was serious. The beach is my favorite place so of course it was tempting for a second but the kids and I have never been to the mountains which made the choice easy. Plus the mild weather sounded amaze balls so to the mountains we'd go. We went to Cave of the Winds, God's Garden, The North Pole, Pikes Peak welcome center (We did not the summit due to Eilee's age, babies tend to stop breathing at top because of the high altitude/thin air. Their lungs aren't developed enough. Super scary stuff.), Royal Gorge, The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, Seven Falls, several state parks to hike, and Cripple Creek. It was such a neat experience. The weather ranged from low 50s to mid 70s and it was perfect! The zoo was incredible. We loved it and high recommend it. The North Pole was ideal for young children. All the rides were for our kids ages. The views were impeccable. I was mesmerized. Hiking miles and miles up through the Rocky Mountains 3 weeks post partum wasn't the best idea though. I was definitely feeling it. Eilee did amazing. Like seriously world's most perfect newborn on an 22 plus hour road trip total. The big kids fought a lot but what's new ha. All in all they did good with the ride. We had such an amazing time and will definitely be going back next summer expect we will be going with my parents and road tripping to Colorado, Washington, California, and Vegas. 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We are about 6 hours from home now and I'm dreading the 100 degree Oklahoma heat as well as unpacking/catching up on a week of laundry as a family of 6 but I am looking forward to some of the things coming up in the next few weeks. Tomorrow is cheer camp for the girls and I. Sunday is the meet and greet with my squad's parents. August 1st is not only my first cheer practice as a coach but it's also Brian and I's anniversary. I have a sweet night at home planned and a huge surprise gift to Brian that he's gonna shit over. I'll give you a big hint, Elk hunting for a week with his best friends in Colorado this October ha. As far as cheerleading goes will be practicing twice a week with games on Saturday so I'm officially that cheer mom/coach that I've looked forward to being since Brian and I started trying to have babies like 9 years ago. After the 1st it's time to focus on getting the kids stuff all ready for school to start on August 17th. We have already done a huge school clothes shopping haul. I mean between my mom, my mother in law, and I it was a GIANT haul. My kids basically have 3 moms when it comes to that stuff. Their grandmas always clothes shop for them which let's face it is a God send when you have 4 kids and love to dress them cute ha. I'll have 3 children in school this year and have some great ideas to share. I started using most of them mid year last year with the girls that simplified our mornings SO much. The next few days are super busy but my school prep post will be up early next week. Stay tuned. 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram