Yesterday our baby girl turned ONE month old and I'm not taking it too well. I can't fathom how it's possible that she's already a month old. It makes me so sad but I feel so honored to be able to watch her grow and spend every single minute of my days with her. She weighs 8.2 lbs and is just over 21 inches long. She's such a sweet baby. Like seriously the cutest baby ever along with our bigs of course. She's completely rotten and has us all wrapped tight around her finger. Our family will tell you that she's not your typical baby who sleeps all day and let's anyone hold her. She's a mama's girl to the core and I'm literally the only one that can calm her down when she fusses. She's awake a lot and very curious. As I've said before, I am a straight up Mombie from lack of sleep but after having 3 babies who slept like rocks from birth I can't complain. It doesn't help that SIDS terrifies me so I'm up checking on her a million times a night. She has hated being swaddled since birth. She prefers to be stretched out with her arms above her head. She's still nursing like a champ. She's never once had a bottle or supplements. For some that's no big deal but for me I've always pumped and introduced a bottle by now so it's an awesome accomplishment in itself not to mention me having 3 other young kids to care for. I am proud for sure. Our goal is to breastfeed for at least a year and I won't be introducing a bottle anytime soon. Eilee smiles in response to us talking to her so I'm completely confident in saying that she's officially real deal smiling. She giggles loud in her sleep although I'm sure that's gas laughs. She coos loudly and it melts me deeply. She also makes a million adorable faces and this hilarious noise when she stretches. We call her a Pterodactyl because it sounds like some kind of dinosaur noise. She is such a joy to our lives and I'm completely obsessed with her in every way. Happy one month birthday to our perfect Little Leighton Lane ❤️
Post a Comment