Search This Blog

Monday, July 17, 2017

Eilee & I's Post Birth Update: Two Weeks

Today we had Eilee's 2 week well visit. She's 20 inches long and 7 lbs 10 ozs. Mama's milk is doing her good ha. Today I had a few concerns about her that I brought up to the doctor. She throws up a lot, her hands and feet are always purple/cold, and her cord is still bleeding a bit. I was happy to know that all are common and not a big deal. She will out grow the disorder that causes poor blood circulation to her limbs and since she's gaining weight there's no need to put her through reflux testing at this point. All in all it was a good appointment. Our baby girl is thriving. 
She smiles constantly and I don't even care if it's real or not. It's still freaking adorable. She's going longer between feedings, thank God. We are down to waking up 3 times a night rather than 7-8 times. She's able to hold her head up and look both ways. She's still a major mama's girl although my dad is on her happy list too. He's the only other person that she will let hold her for long periods. Breastfeeding is going amazing. I haven't once used a bottle. Yay! She's an extremely noisy eater. I mean, people have actually commented on it multiple time. She gulps loud and makes all kinds of puppy dog noises. She is such a joy to us already and I'm so thankful to be her mom. Now if time would just chill the hell out and slow down I'd be a happy gal. 


 


As of today I've lost 19 lbs since Eilee was born. I feel amazing and incredibly don't miss being pregnant for the most part. It's so nice to not have any restrictions. I can be a one women show like I naturally love to be and do whatever I need to do. I'm happy with my body and that's a wonderful feeling. I still have some weight to lose and I will get there but even if I don't I'm thankful for where I am. Brian and I had some 'us' time last night if you catch my drift. I forgot how much sex after a baby hurts at first but I also forgot how much nicer sex is when your not big pregnant. Of course I've freaked out a little today because I have gotten pregnant 2-3 weeks post partum twice now and like reckless teens we didn't use protection but I'll try to do better next time and be the responsible one. No more summer babes for us ha. Atleast I hope not 😅


 

 

 


 

Post a Comment

Life with the Lane’s Instagram